My '08 StreetGlide

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Wanna Ride

I've had this tore apart since mid-November, but with work in the busy season, I was only home a couple days since the first of January. I haven't really even touched it at all since Thanksgiving, to get anything done to it until this week. I've got a bunch of pics from along the way, and I'll eventually post those too.

Here's a couple pics after I took it out for a shake-down ride this morning, and then washed all the dust and crude off from sitting for the past several months. Everything checks out good so far, can't wait to get the rest of the stuff in and finish it off.

The bars are a perfect height, I love the positioning of the new mirrors. It's been a long time since I rode with handlebar-mounted mirrors, feels like two great big billboards out in front of me. But they're way more functional than the fairing-mounted mirrors. I also installed floorboard extenders, they move the boards outwards 3/4". That doesn't sound like a lot, but it's a big improvement and more comfortable than the stock position. Feels a little odd without the lowers I had on, but I like it.

I've got several other things to install, once they get here. But at least it's back rideable for now. Unfortunately, I leave this afternoon and I'll only be back for one day during the next three weeks. When I get back, the new rear wheel/tire to match the front (PM Gasser), front HHI caliper, ss brake lines, and the Yaffe crash bar will be in. Hopefully soon after, the new rear fender and lights will be in too.

So far, I added the front fender, the paint, 10" monkey bars, J&M Rokkers and amp, chrome hand controls, FBI axle, ss clutch cable, mirrors, floorboard extensions, and a bunch of other small doodads. I like the chopped look, but I think I'm going to keep it stock in that area. Then again, a few years ago, I said I was only going to put on dual exhaust and the front wheel. WTF?!:11 (2):

It's nothing spectacular like some of you guys have built, but I think it'll suit me just fine... for now.

Last edited:
Nice and clean, and you can pick it out of a crowd of stock bikes, thats all u can ask for! But 10" monkey bars? They look as tall as my 14" bars!

Wanna Ride

But 10" monkey bars? They look as tall as my 14" bars!
Well... that's what I ordered and that's what's on the invoice, but who knows. Anyways, the bottom pic is pretty deceiving, that makes them look a lot taller. You can see in the top pic, that the grips are just barely taller than the top of the fairing. That's what I told Brady I wanted, when I ordered them. When I'm riding, the grips are just about 3" lower than my shoulders and that feels pretty comfortable, a huge improvement over stock bars.

Thanks for the compliments!

Latest posts