Motor Question

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
Hey guys, Im looking to sell my Road King and buy a street glide. The situation is that my bike has almost 50,000 miles on it. Now here is the big question..should I buy a complete take out motor that is like a 103"? Or should I rebuild the motor that is in my bike with like a Dragos 107" kit?

If you were interested in my bike, what would you rather have in the bike? a bike with a fresh top and bottom end? orrrr a bike with a built up top end? I cant decide what I want to do. The other thing is, I could just find a buyer and let him deal with it.

Give me some feedback on what you think would be the better option.

Thanks,
BLACKIZZLE

slothy

Balls
wouldn't shy me away - but im not everyone. obviously you're not going to get what someone with the same bike that has 3k on it - motor or not.

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
yea true. the only thing im thinkin is that if I put a 107 kit in it, I will get alot more attention because they will like that rebuilt top end. and I wouldnt be out much for the 107" kit.

mileage wouldnt make a difference... funny how a car has to hit 100k to be considered "up there" in mileage, yet bikes having teens of thousands miles are way over... sell it as is, dont mention mileage unless they ask...

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Is there something wrong with the motor?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
no it runs fine. I just hate seeing all the bikes on ebay with 20,000 miles and then there is mine. I feel like it will shy people away.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Don't touch the motor, you'll never get your money back.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
Sell it as is. Most people rather have a stk motor with 50 k than a 50 k motor with engine work. U will no get ur money back.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
so you dont think buyin a takeout 103" for like 2500 bucks wont get me anymore money on ebay? that would take my bike from 50k miles down to like 6k miles.

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
But the bike and title still are 50 k. U might get another 500 for bike. It's not worth it. I buy and sell bikes. It would be a waste of ur money.

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
well it still shows the mileage on the complete bike..but it then would also show the mileage on that motor alone. in my experience, people dont care about the mileage on the vehicle, they care about how many miles are on the motor alone.

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
your titles might be diff than michigans, i dont think if ever seen it like that on ours. ill have to check when i get home,

U will not come anywhere close to getting ..$ 2500 more. Not a good idea trust me

Latest posts