medallion head unit.. Is it worth the money?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

tp60004

Thinking about getting a medallion head unit. Wondering if anybody has tried it and what you think of it ?

i went from stock 2001 head unit to the Medallion and I like it... My focals and Arc amp probably make it even better! Only problem I have is that though you can run your ipod off it, you really dont have total control of it... meaning I cant search to find the exact song I wanna here, or any preset genre's I have established on the ipod... Pete may step in here, since he has installed quite a few, but I still need to sit down with my book to see if I can totally control my ipod thru it... it doesn right now. It does work with all my hand controls, and it works great with my satellite (also has it built in), and a USB seems to be the hot lick!!! I can quickly load a playlist on there and run that...

RGR_Kane

i went from stock 2001 head unit to the Medallion and I like it... My focals and Arc amp probably make it even better! Only problem I have is that though you can run your ipod off it, you really dont have total control of it... meaning I cant search to find the exact song I wanna here, or any preset genre's I have established on the ipod... Pete may step in here, since he has installed quite a few, but I still need to sit down with my book to see if I can totally control my ipod thru it... it doesn right now. It does work with all my hand controls, and it works great with my satellite (also has it built in), and a USB seems to be the hot lick!!! I can quickly load a playlist on there and run that...

Benji,
If you don't mind; what kinda price range was your setup (Medallion Head Unit, Arc Amp, Focals)?
Thanks,
Don

bradwulf20

medallion head unit $799, amp and speaker packages start at $500 installed for the 2 fairing speakers and an amp and go up from there. otherwise check his web site soundzcustomz.com

FSTBGR

I got a sick system installed by Soundz Customz in sturgis this year and I love it, Medallion flat black head unit with Focals......loud and clear, can hear it over 80mph rippin all day. The medallion is really nice, I have like 5 ways to hook shit up in my glove boxes....Wish it was bluetooth, but the quality alone makes it worth it, hit Pete up, he will take care of you, very patient dude with the questions and will not lie to you.....i'm very happy for the money I spent....