Mammoth Fat Spokes

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
Anyone have any experience with these wheels?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/MAMMOTH-FAT...=360420094229&ps=63&clkid=8806372314967964705

I'm looking to get a set for my 07 Electra Glide in the near future and I'm undecided as to which brand to go with. I like the Gold Spoke/Chrome wheel combo and will probably go with a 21X3.5 front and an 18X3.5 in the rear with white walls. If anybody has any input I would appreciate it.

Here's what my turd looks like

Zach

Site Supporter
Not clear who makes the wheels. If they are DNA you might want to do some research. There are some complaints about their quality. Personally I have been running a set of DNA 60 spokes in 18 x 4.25 and 21 x 3.5 for almost 5 years on my 07 Road Glide and I haven't had a single problem with them. Granted mine aren't the fat spoke design. Most of the complaints I've read about DNA had to so with the fat spoke wheels and mostly their customer service or lack of it.

I think those wheels would look great on your bike. Good color to do gold wheels with. PIMP!

Zach

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
How does the 4.25 fit on the rear? I also need to do some research on the height of the 18" tires because I don't want my air ride to buttom out on the tire when dropped in case I were to blow a line on the road. Thanks for the insight.

Zach

Site Supporter
The 4.25" fits fine. I've ran both Avon and Metzler in 150/70/18. The Metzler fit with no issue. The Avon is slightly wider and rubbed the lower belt guard. I took it off to trim it and just never put it back on. No big deal.

Funny you mention the air ride. I have all the parts for a home built system, but have been reluctant to install it because of the rear wheel/tire size. I'll probably install the shocks over the weekend completely collapsed and see how much clearance there is.

Zach

N

Nautical Customs

DNA is Crap and we use to sell them and didnt have any problem with the fronts. Then the problem started and they just told us to kick rocks. Will not sale something that we can't stand by. DNA will not stand by there Rims. If u want Spokes u can get SINISTER WHEELS or Ride Wright Wheels From us. SINISTER WHEELS is made here in california. let us know if u want a prices. Don't run vee rubber white walls they are crap the white turns brown u will be pissed if u get them. If u want white wall do 16-21. Your air ride my hit if u have 12inch shocks if u run a 18 rear

hope this helps

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
I'm running homemade air with the Gabriel shocks. From what I researched they were supposed to give a little bit more clearance than the Monroes. Let me know what you find out if you get yours mounted up Zach.

Pm sent Nautical...

RLJ676

I have DNA fat spokes up front. They took quite a while, but otherwise I have no issues. The complaints are mostly centered on them not holding air well and DNA's lack of support for such. I just ran a tube so I have no safety concerns. For what I paid I'm quite pleased.

IMG_20120401_182000.jpgIMG_20120401_181917.jpg

RLJ676

pm sent nautical
looks sweet rlj676 how long you had the wheels and did you get them right from dna

Thanks. Sorry about the blue ass pics, I need a new camera haha.

I got them from an American Classic Motors. They were mildly responsive to my inquiries on why it was taking so long, but I did get a great deal.

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
Bike definitely looks good RL! thanks for posting. As far as my research goes people are mostly disappointed in DNA's customer service. Found that a lot of people are riding on DNA's and having no problems with the wheels and are extremely please with them, after they got them at least. I still have a couple weeks before I order most likely so I'll keep researching prices and see if I can't make a somewhat of an educated decision from reading peoples reviews.

RLJ676

Bike definitely looks good RL! thanks for posting. As far as my research goes people are mostly disappointed in DNA's customer service. Found that a lot of people are riding on DNA's and having no problems with the wheels and are extremely please with them, after they got them at least. I still have a couple weeks before I order most likely so I'll keep researching prices and see if I can't make a somewhat of an educated decision from reading peoples reviews.

Thanks.

My advice is to run a tube and never worry about air leaks on any spoke wheel, then you're never likely to need customer service once it shows up haha.

slothy

Balls
ive had 2 sets - one set on my roadstar and a front of my king. i put about 20k on the roadstar and 2 tire changes - no leak or sealant issues - using metzelers.

29461_391311238774_575833774_4199777_5888739_n.jpgP1050553.jpg

Slowbagger

Site Supporter
Those are some good looking bikes Slothy! I'm guessing your a fan of the metzlers then? How did the white walls hold up?

slothy

Balls
the 880s white walls held up great, just used a mr clean magic eraser on them when i washed it. the new one looks to be good, but it was a expensive tire once you add the whitewall on a 120...

and yes i love metzeler's - though i have shinko on the rear of ther roadglide to test out for paul on mileage. it was cheap so i guess it holds up and doesnt feel unsafe in rain or curves then ill might switch perm

Latest posts