Lowering Blocks??

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

repsol69

Site Supporter
Thinking about running some lowering blocks as a temp fix for awhile ...are they safe?? Who makes good ones?? Will i have a prob with rubbing riding 2 up???

bynum

I have these adjustable ones... http://www.ebay.com/itm/HARLEY-ELEC...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cb0c03b4b&vxp=mtr

I think they are safe. Mine have been on for 5000 miles. May wanna use some blue locktite on the bolts.

I ran them on the second setting for a while, but after scraping my extended bags a couple times in curves, i went back to the first hole.
Never had any tire clearance issues either way. ('02 Electra Glide standard with 140 tire on 16" rear wheel)

A buddy of mine has the same brackets on a '08 CVO Ultra & he had a problem with his rear seat mounting bolt being too long & touching the rear tire.

I checked mine & with the shocks off, the swingarm will actually bottom out before the tire hits the fender.
I also have my tail light wires ran outside the stock fender, so that gives some extra clearance. (Has extended overlay style fender)

Arlen Ness & Burly makes some that are quite a bit more $.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I have a set of $145 Pingel blocks I don't need, $75 shipped...

These are a quality Billet piece...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Bill

I used to own some shit!
How was the ride when you had them on??? Any bottoming 2 up??

I don't know as I had to take them off.

With a 200/55-17, a Yaffe Fender, and Arnotts my tire hit the fender dumped.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts