Lower Fork Legs??? Stock style or smooth??

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

jrbonniwell

Site Supporter
what is everybody's opinion about which lower fork legs to go with?? I'm going to be running chrome single disc lowers and really like the look of the smooth legs. I had the american suspension legs before and wasn't really a fan of the tiny bolts they use to hold the fender brackets on. So what do you guys think?? Stock legs or smooth ones?

tboner

I use AS, never had a problem, but I can understand how some people do. Smooth is more appealing to me

jrbonniwell

Site Supporter
I agree the smooth legs look a lot better just don't want the same problems I had with the last set of american suspension legs... guess I could always weld the fender mounts and that would solve the problem

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
I agree the smooth legs look a lot better just don't want the same problems I had with the last set of american suspension legs... guess I could always weld the fender mounts and that would solve the problem

That's what I did welded than powder coated. Then the caliper mount cracked. I thru them away. This just are a shitty design

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

jrbonniwell

Site Supporter
Have you used the HHI lower legs did they hold up ok? I see that the fender mounts are held on the same way as the american suspension legs...

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
They are way better. They use bigger bolts no problems with hhi legs have done 4 sets with heavy fenders

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

BlueMountain

I disagree, I think that the stock front end with hiden axles look tough, they just have that stanch look

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I'm really happy with my Ness lowers and they are designed to convert to single disk if I ever decide to go that way. Had to go find my own fender mount bolts though...