loud lids owners! help me

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

TraceCave Customs

Ok,
I got in touch with Alan and ordered some "Loud Lids". They came in and look great. Very nice product but...They are about 1/2" wider inside then stock lids so when I place them on the bag they hang off the latch side by that much. Is this normal with them? I dont think the seal will even hit the bag unless I shim the catches on the fender side of the bag at least 1/4" out. Just wondering if I need to call him or is this going to just be normal.

I know "welcome to the shit don't fit club" LOL

TraceCave Customs

By both sides you mean both bags?

Its crazy that they look that good and would be that far off from the factory lids on the width. I just don't want the latch all leaning in bad.

ddavis

I didn't shim mine, but had to work to get the gasket in the right place for them to seal up.

Gdub

One of THE 150!
Trace, I am pretty sure he means the latch off the bag, I have heard of people having to do this.

AddictJ

One of THE 150!
I did latch and the brackets the hooks go into. I figured my bags were off but sounds like the lids are off a lil to

thecort

Amazes me that companies will produce & sell products that are that far off from OEM. 1/8"-3/16" is acceptable to compensate for variations Btwn bikes.
1/2" is a lot on a lid.
Trace can you share the difference from side to side? 1/4" & 1/4"?

Tap it!

Is there any chance lid sizes have changed thru the years? My 01 lids look way different on top than the newer ones... now they have huge flat surfaces (maybe .65") on top, where my old ones roll up to a .25" lip... I havent seen lids advertised as being "year centric" but I do wonder if the new style bag is the same as the old one...

TraceCave Customs

I will post pics of what I am talking about tonight.

I am going to have to split the difference as bad as I hate too. I really like these lids. I want them to work. Nothing else on the market really appeals to me yet.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
If they are fiberglass you could always cut them in half and take that .5" out...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

slothy

Balls
I kina think it's done on purpose to make room for the speaker and Enclosure..

For the peeps that don't know, those lids- the speaker has it own enclosure, no using bag as a "box".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

TraceCave Customs

Traceman, what did you have to pay for those lids? I think they are the best looking lids out there!
Yeaux

About $500 with shipping without speakers. He has steadilly gone up over the last few years. Everybody may get different pricing. LOL

I kina think it's done on purpose to make room for the speaker and Enclosure..

For the peeps that don't know, those lids- the speaker has it own enclosure, no using bag as a "box".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Yes that function is very nice. I would think it would help keep some water out too. I can't wait to hear the speakers in them. I thnk they are the best lookin lids on the market.