Loose spokes - $#&*~!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Zach

Site Supporter
Was cleaning the bike up for my roadie down to California tomorrow and decided to check the spokes just for S&G. You guessed it. 2 VERY loose spokes on the front. One so loose I can almost pop it out of the hub. Tried to tighten it and it wouldn't cinch up. I think the threads are stripped. Pretty sure it happened the other day when I was pulling into a gas station. Hit a huge pot hole and bottomed the whole bike out.

This sucks. Was really looking forward to hitting the road on my bike. Looks like I might be taking my Dad's bone stock Street Glide instead. At least he's got a spare bagger for me.

Thanks,
Zach

Last edited:

Zach

Site Supporter
It's not. It's a DNA 60 spoke that has been flawless for over 5 years. If I hadn't hit that pot hole, I'm sure I would have got another 5 years out of it.

With the lack of custom shops in my neck of the woods, I'm screwed. Probably going to send the wheel down to Wheel Works in LA. They seemed eager to help me out and it's what they specialize in.

Zach

smokenjoep01

DNA is not known for quality parts. Send them to Woodys wheel works. Or get some Ride Wright. Bucannon is also very reputable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts