Looking for opinions on a 26" idea

• Help support Chopped Baggers :
Gonna be working with [email protected] on designing me a 26" wheel and thought I would "run it up the flagpole"! I know opinions are like a$$holes, but I would definitely like to here what you all think.

Going with my Army Theme, a 5 star wheel with 9mm shell casings epoxied into the spokes. Going chrome on the finished wheel since I havent been able to find a green powder to match the OD green of the bike.

Attachments

• Army 26inch wheel.jpg
    Army 26inch wheel.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 286
yeah, actually I had an idea of doing transition in size from 22 to 12guage... but then I need to trim them all down to epoxy in the wheel. I used 9mm in my shift linkage and it's the size stuck in my head!

Zach

Site Supporter
I like it. My personal opinion would be to leave the rim clean. I know a lot of designers are adding accents to the rim, but it just looks odd to me. The 3D look of the spokes is killer.

Zach

SUAVE

It will look sick!! What about cutting a shell length wise in half and the epoxi it on down the length of the spoke? Like a 50cal or other long round. Either way will look sick!!!!!

T

Thomason Performance

Well you're a little farther along than what you showed me before. Looks very cool! Not gonna make my job easy are you?

What? I am basing it off the one you did for AE Customs... no problem! I will probably bring the number of casings down to 2-4 per spoke... a box of 9mm rounds are expensive at Kmart these days, lol! I am diggin the ideas of a sideways shell, maybe a CNC'd version instead of real ones, working that idea now.

And Slothy, dont think I would be able to park at the motorcycle lot at the Pentagon with all of that! I am paranoid enough with the pineapple grenades for foot pegs getting me in trouble!

Benji
Well you're a little farther along than what you showed me before. Looks very cool! Not gonna make my job easy are you?

T

Thomason Performance

What? I am basing it off the one you did for AE Customs... no problem! I will probably bring the number of casings down to 2-4 per spoke... a box of 9mm rounds are expensive at Kmart these days, lol! I am diggin the ideas of a sideways shell, maybe a CNC'd version instead of real ones, working that idea now.

And Slothy, dont think I would be able to park at the motorcycle lot at the Pentagon with all of that! I am paranoid enough with the pineapple grenades for foot pegs getting me in trouble!

Benji

I was just giving you shit! It doesn't matter to me how difficult it is - the machine does all the cutting!

T

Thomason Performance

Cool! We could machine pockets the casings fit in - that way you could use an entire casing.