Looking for filler panel LED's

thecort

I'm looking to buy 8" run/turn/brake LED's for my rear fender filler panels. I've seen Sinister's & a few other's but the tallest i've seen is 6.75". I'm looking for 8" because I just bought Ness Down-N-Outs & that fender is very long. I think anything shorter than 8" may look too small. I'm hoping to get something that can be painted over so you only see them when they come on.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
True Kustom does a bunch of those, send them a PM.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
Native custom baggers has a nice selection of flush mount and bezel mount LED lights. I have 8-3/4" on mine.

thecort

I noticed that Native sells them in Red prismatic lens & Clear prismatic lens (Clear when off, but lights up red) I want them blacked out when off but red when functioning. I'm not a body guy or a painter, how do I accomplish that? I'm not sure if my painter is able to do that.
What's the process?

Crazy Beaver

Here are a few pictures of the ones I did on my personal bike.
IMAG0340.jpgIMAG0469.jpg
I bought the lights with a red lense, once I had them installed, I masked off my words that I wanted to light up so when I painted the fender I could pull the mask leaving the area unpainted with the letters. Then I used the same black and added extra reducer to make it very thin and transparent, then sprayed it through my airbrush over the letters to darken them. With the reducer it is almost a transparent black so the light will show through, just becarefull to not add too much black or to spray too many coats or this will make them too dark to show the lights through.

thecort

Here are a few pictures of the ones I did on my personal bike.
View attachment 1416View attachment 1417
I bought the lights with a red lense, once I had them installed, I masked off my words that I wanted to light up so when I painted the fender I could pull the mask leaving the area unpainted with the letters. Then I used the same black and added extra reducer to make it very thin and transparent, then sprayed it through my airbrush over the letters to darken them. With the reducer it is almost a transparent black so the light will show through, just becarefull to not add too much black or to spray too many coats or this will make them too dark to show the lights through.
You know exactly what I'm looking for. That looks amazing! Nice work.:1: Wish we were closer to each other.

"Z"

Not wishing to redirect business from our sponsers but if you are looking for custom length flush mount leds check out Custom Classics. http://www.customclassic.com/ Michael builds them himself with lengths in 1" inc's. up to 50"+ and unbelievable prices. He shipped mine yesterday so in a few I can give a review if anyone is interested.

Crazy Beaver

I would check out our vendors first. I used the custom classic guy myself when i did mine last year and after i ordered then it was about 2 weeks with no response I had to call several times to finally get up with someone, and they still had not shipped. In all it took more than a month to get the lights. They were nice once I got then, but i would definitely check out our vendors first.

thecort

I waiting to hear back from Native. I left a message with them yesterday. I'll give 'em another tickle if I don't hear back from them by this afternoon.

"Z"

I would check out our vendors first. I used the custom classic guy myself when i did mine last year and after i ordered then it was about 2 weeks with no response I had to call several times to finally get up with someone, and they still had not shipped. In all it took more than a month to get the lights. They were nice once I got then, but i would definitely check out our vendors first.
Mine have been on order for about 2 weeks. Said to have shipped yesterday.

They are a made to order shop so not everyone can be "next in line".

But like I said if you want a special length, not a problem. Round, square, or angled ends they can do that.

He is making a set of 3" for my front fairing and curving them to match the curve of the fairing. As far as I know that's not an off the shelf item anywhere.

No big deal, I'm just sharing some info that someone may find interesting.:)

thecort

He is making a set of 3" for my front fairing and curving them to match the curve of the fairing. As far as I know that's not an off the shelf item anywhere.

No big deal, I'm just sharing some info that someone may find interesting.:)
That's a great idea! Hope you don't mind if I steal it lol. I guess if you want something custom you'll have to have some patience. Are the fairing lights going to be amber?

Latest posts