looking for a wheel

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Wanna Ride

I see you're from Morgantown. Didn't there used to be a vintage bike race there, downtown? Morgantown is also the home of RacerX magazine and Davey Coombs. He was telling me about that race afew years ago.

Sorry, didn't mean to hijack! Just got excited.

T

Thomason Performance

If you want to drop $5G and I up I can get you a 30" cut pretty quick. If you want to spend more like $2500.00 you'll have to wait until the 2D blanks are ready - sometime in January/February.

JD2007ROADKNG

Site Supporter
I'm from Huntington, WV originally and normally don't help out you WVU'ers (LOL), but, since you are a bagger forum guuy, i'll help... I have a lightly used PM LUXE 26 if you decide to go that route available..

JD2007ROADKNG

T

Thomason Performance

What the differnce. Steepen the 2 d blanks and a 3d one can't u use the same?

The 2D blanks that are coming out are rotary forged. The 3D blanks are machined from solid plate. Any 30" you see on the market right now was originally machined from solid plate. Even the "2D" 30" wheels. Until the rotary forged blanks are ready, the blank cost the same to manufacture a 3D blank or a 2D blank. Might as well get a full 3D wheel since it has to be machined from the same plate. The guys doing "2D" blanks out of plate are wasting a ridic amount of material - and the people buying them are paying for that waste.

Latest posts