Lesson Learned!!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Sedona Blue

Site Supporter
This is why I'm starting to learn how to do my own shit! Starting tearing down my bike and found the shit heads that installed my stereo system epoxied this shit in there! If you want it done right, I guess you have to do it yourself. Any ideas how I can get this stuff off.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1350242931.106512.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1350242962.570636.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
that is professionally done? Did they glue your damn speakers to the fairing? I think I'd threated them with a law suit and follow through it they didn't comply, if they didn't purchase a new fairing and equipment for me! That's rediculous!

RLJ676

Holy shit that is unbelievable!

What kind of shop was it? I have my own horror story from a "shop" that I used to install a single amp in my vette. The ass hats tapped into the stability control system for a remote turn on, I was NEVER able to get the "service active handling" idiot light off after this (and this is after working w/ engr's responsible for that subsystem!).

If they can't get that shit off and leave the speakers, fairings and amps like new they should be buying all of it for you.

Edit: A HD shop did this? What morons. I never understand why they even try selling stereo stuff because I don't trust they can be experts in this and the mechanical stuff (which is also suspect usually), I guess this confirms that.

Wanna Ride

After looking at those pictures for several minutes... I'm nearly speechless. I can't believe they took good, quality components and installed them in such a horrific way. I'd be pissed... I've never seen such hack work. WTF were they thinking? I'm familiar with the area, was this the same dealership in the town you live (in your signature)?

repsol69

Site Supporter
Gotta love dealerships...I had a small oil leak ( 543 miles ) it was an o-ring at the bottom of the rear cylinder..brought the bike in SPOTLESS of coarse they fixed said they were washing it got there bike was covered with grease, water never touched it....i was speechless thats my last visit there...didnt mean to jack the thread....

elim9

The only way I see to get it cleaned up is to scrape it with a razor blade. I would be afraid to try any chemicals.

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
F'n Harley Dealers. I worked at one this winter when work was slow. They were supposed to be rated one of the TOP among all dealers in the service department. The longest any of their mechanics had been there was 11 months. They only had one master tech, the other two, one was just out of mechanics school and didn't know squat, the other was a metric mechanic for 12 months before going to work for them. The longest they kept a service manager was 6 months in the last 2 years. The list goes on, you'd be amazed. I worked there in sales, still got charged $70/ hour and the guys knew less than me!!!!! Their total nit shits! I would take that stuff seriously if it were my bike. If you were to have work done by them and not pay for some reason, they'd have you in court. At the very least. I'd set up a tripod and take some very good pictures and pay a lawyer to send them a letter! That's BS!

Maybe they did a half ass job using the glue, maybe you can use a good sharp chisel, then clean it up with a razor blade. I can't believe they had the balls to charge for that, and they probably charged just shy of $100/hr!

Marathonman

Sedona, I'd like to know what dealer that was.... I live in Clearwater and would like to avoid that one. Please PM me if you don't wanna post. That's pretty crappy they did that to your bike man.... Hope you get that sorted out okay.

motorhead

look like the kind of hack work you get at the bike events! sorry for you luck :( I would try a hot gun

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
Sedona, I'd like to know what dealer that was.... I live in Clearwater and would like to avoid that one. Please PM me if you don't wanna post. That's pretty crappy they did that to your bike man.... Hope you get that sorted out okay.

Im in Tampa myself so let me know too.

Latest posts