Labor cost

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

Hi all
I was wondering about the labor cost of having someone (provided I came with the parts) install a 26in wheel with cut neck and rake and add extended bags to a Streetglide. Just trying to get an idea of the labor assocaited to convert a streetglide to a sick bagger. Any member that can do this near florida I be interested in meeting as well, even if I had to drive a couple miles..
Thanks

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I've seen prices from $950 to $3000 but it's never clear what's included. A local guy here offers to rake your naked frame for $750 so that probably consists of cutting your neck, slapping on a HHI and welding. No bodywork, trees or paint.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I charge $1,000 flat fee to do anything "motor, body, audio, etc..." you want. Like others have said, you'll find pricing all over we the place.

If it is a reputable shop, you are probably looking $1500-$3k in labor.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

BigChief

Check your local hd dealer. Lmfao. Sorry I had to!
Yes,lol, that's why I;m asking around. I am no stranger to traveling to have a bike worked on. I have been as far as Florida to Ohio to have my first turbo installed on my hayabusa.
Went to a local bike shop here and builder could not give me a price nor a ball park figure, though he has two in the rack he was doing. no good! Looks like I will be doing a road trip...

Last edited:

Audiowerks Custom Cycles

Extreme Vendor
Should be around $10K for everything. Neck, trees, welding, internal wiring, painting neck, headlight correction, wheel, tire, tube, rotor, fender, bags, rear fender, tail lights, lighted plate frame, all labor and paint. For an extra $900 we can put in one of our Premium Plus Audio Kits!!!!!!! Actually send me the bike I will throw in the audio kit.

Rozkopeeko

Wher are you in Florida??? My 2011 SG is gettn done right now in Margate Fl at Downtown Collision.....can't begin to tell you the quality and service those guys provide ... They will treat your bike like its there's and insure you are happy !!!! Anything you want done and they have perfected the 26 inch install!!!! Match any paint and will not be happy unles you are!!! Ariel 954-590-3331

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
I got someone in Tampa thats doing mine and he doesnt nickle n dime you. Small shop but they know what they are doing I can PM you their info if you would like

keebee

Labor is one of my worries. Right now looking at 10 to 15K in parts. That doesn't include paint and labor. Got a small shop here that is going to do my work. Need to go down and talk to them.

BigChief

I got someone in Tampa thats doing mine and he doesnt nickle n dime you. Small shop but they know what they are doing I can PM you their info if you would like
Yes, that would be great.

Labor is one of my worries. Right now looking at 10 to 15K in parts. That doesn't include paint and labor. Got a small shop here that is going to do my work. Need to go down and talk to them.
My fear excatly...

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
My fear is the parts cost, some parts justify making yourself.. You guys can install some of the 15k.. I mean sure some of the wiring using hd plugs gets confusing but, an air cleaner? Headers? Pipes? Bags? I mean if you made the 15k to spend you've gotta be pretty intelligent? Be confident, read on the site what you want to do. Plenty will give advise, some bad some good, but as a community it'll be good.

My momma told me that if somebody built it then I'm smart enough to fix it or make it better. I've stuck to that, and I think it's great advise.

I totally understand not having the equipment, I've accumulated tools all my life. Tool vs job vs labor vs feeling accomplished?

Bill

I used to own some shit!
My fear is the parts cost, some parts justify making yourself.. You guys can install some of the 15k.. I mean sure some of the wiring using hd plugs gets confusing but, an air cleaner? Headers? Pipes? Bags? I mean if you made the 15k to spend you've gotta be pretty intelligent? Be confident, read on the site what you want to do. Plenty will give advise, some bad some good, but as a community it'll be good.

My momma told me that if somebody built it then I'm smart enough to fix it or make it better. I've stuck to that, and I think it's great advise.

I totally understand not having the equipment, I've accumulated tools all my life. Tool vs job vs labor vs feeling accomplished?

Great advice!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

keebee

I can do some of the work which isn't the problem. But cutting the neck and welding aren't going to happen. Not going to put my life on the line for something I don't know how to do. Maybe if it was an old car I was fixing up but not going to take the chance on my bike. Also the paint is going to be done by a pro as well.

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
I can do some of the work which isn't the problem. But cutting the neck and welding aren't going to happen. Not going to put my life on the line for something I don't know how to do. Maybe if it was an old car I was fixing up but not going to take the chance on my bike. Also the paint is going to be done by a pro as well.

Totally understand, paint is a hassle. I hate to paint.. Welding true, never put your life on the line. That's why I weld all my stuff, I don't trust anyone..

lumper

I am going to pay for the cut and weld and the powder coat and paint, everything else I am going to do until I get stuck, then I will be on here posting, HELP lol

Lump

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I am going to pay for the cut and weld and the powder coat and paint, everything else I am going to do until I get stuck, then I will be on here posting, HELP lol

Lump

Yep... I'm pretty sure I can recommend this dude rocks and is one snazzy coconut... however, full star-traversing pineapple status requires that you do it all yourself...

Edit: sounds like a good plan. I need to install a breathalyzer on my laptop to prevent stupid posts...

Last edited:

Latest posts