Just seen this Sinister Return Policy

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

motorhead

I just seen this on another site it was kind of crazy but it his shop and he runs his way. Love his Parts hope there all ways good :)

Sinister Return Policy

ALL SALES ARE FINAL. WE DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS

If you believe you have received an incorrect, damaged or missing item You must
report your claim to the Warehouse Department within 24 hours of receiving to
get a Return Goods Authorization (RMA). Any claims made after 24 hours will not
be honored. No products may be returned or refused without proper authorization.
If product is returned or refused without proper authorization no refund for
product will be given, and any shipping and handling fees will still be charged.
Although all Sinister Industries sales are final, if a return is authorized by
John Shope, Owner of Sinister Industries, all refunds other than warranty items
will be charged a 30% restocking fee. If product is damaged in shipping it is
the sole responsibility of the customer to file a claim with the shipping
company.

Raven 6ix

I have never seen that either, however I did have an issue that was resolved quickly without fail by Sinister Ind. I purchased the Sinister Up Yours Performance Header online direct from Shope in Nov or Dec of 11' while I was still working in Bagdad. I got home in Feb 12' to find my shiny new exhaust waiting on me. After getting it installed I found that I was missing the small chrome heat shield that covers the exhaust where the 2 pipes come into 1 right in front of the bag. I called Sinister and explained my missing shield and the time gap, and there was a new one dropped in the mail immediately. No issues what so ever with Sinister Ind's customer service.

Raven 6ix: Out.

slothy

Balls
I never had a vendor that produced so many fucked up parts. From the side cover mounting bolts to the holes in the speaker lids being drilled in the wrong place.

i should of taken pics on how much body was needed to make the roadglide speedo/tach cover to look/sit ok - porous as all hell and who ever drilled the side holes was off 1/8".. same with glove boxes, oh wait and side covers lol... bags were meh, fender wasnt bad though

tboner

thanks for posting I was putting my list together looks like I'll keep looking........24hrs is a joke right, How does he expect you to mock stuff up in 24hrs to find out its a mess?

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
The side covers where junk in my eyes a ton of body work! I did order a metal fender hopefully it's good...
Sinister and Paul Yaffee
These guys a ton of money and putting out china bullshit...
We keep them in business we keep buying from these guys....
It's great they making parts but damn if they are getting 400 for the part and it takes 300 to 400 for body work
Man we can pretty much have any part custom made for that money...

ddavis

i should of taken pics on how much body was needed to make the roadglide speedo/tach cover to look/sit ok - porous as all hell and who ever drilled the side holes was off 1/8".. same with glove boxes, oh wait and side covers lol... bags were meh, fender wasnt bad though

Isn't that the whole reason he is going to ABS on everything instead of fiberglass? Thought it was supposed to just bolt right up... LOL

Sedona Blue

Site Supporter
I have the speedo, rear fender, bags, filler panels and glove box doors. The bags are shit! Damn bags are brittle as hell! The bag cracked on my painter as he was sanding. I had to glass the inside of the bag. I wouldn't order them again.

TNTCC

Site Supporter
I have noticed alot of people running his exhaust and they look bad ass. Had also seen where there are clearance issues with some at the front of the bags. Is this a common thing and if so wouldn't one think he would just shorten them to avoid this????

Wanna Ride

Wow. I'd have to think twice about ordering something from someone that a return policy like that. Good to know, so I take him off my list. That's the kind of return policy you'd expect from a flea-market vendor that "no speaka english".

I've recently had several problems with brake line issues from Yaffe, but I can honestly say that they easily received my returns, and promptly refunded my money. And as they should, because they clearly sent me the wrong items... repeatedly, spanning a 6 month period. Entirely too long to return calls, answer calls, respond to e-mails, etc. I too, am in business and can not understand how or why some of these high-profile builders are in business. Poor quality products, poor product reliability, poor customer service, and VERY expensive... WTF.

As for my brake lines... one call to Magnum Shielding and the issue was resolved. I ordered what I needed from Sue/Maria, and I had the exact, correct stuff in three days, and at a very reasonable price. By the way, their number is 585-381-8380 in Pittsford New York. It was refeshing to talk to people who knew their product line, knew the application, and they understood my needs. And these girls don't even build bikes, but they were more knowledgeable than the guys at Yaffe's shop.

Last edited:

Gdub

One of THE 150!
I am running several parts from him. Bags, rear fender, lights, plate bracket. All fit great and I had no problems with. My bought me most for Christmas. There was a mix up with the rear fender, and we had the wrong one for over a month. Called up and talked to Michelle, swapped out for the correct one no problem. Everyone at that shop is pretty cool and they all seem like nice people.

Opunui

thanks for posting I was putting my list together looks like I'll keep looking........24hrs is a joke right, How does he expect you to mock stuff up in 24hrs to find out its a mess?

Exactly..unless he is getting plenty of returned items.

Wanna Ride

Not the best way to do business if you want to keep a loyal client base. Who wants to buy from you if you can't stand behind your product?

Just to add... I've spent a couple dollars with David, not as much as some of you guys, but still a few. David and his team know a few things about customer service and communication. They could school some other shops on how to treat customers.

If you need wheels, brakes, etc... I highly recommend them.