Introducing XXHDXX : Newb from VA

XXHDXX

X rated Harley Davidson
Hello everyone in the Chopped Baggers Nation, my name is Jeff. I’m from Northern Virginia, 40 miles NW of Washington DC. I started on dirt bikes as a kid and then on to a sport bike in the early 1990’s. But in 1997 I was introduced to a FLHT and have never looked back. I currently own a ’05 Ultra that I converted to a SG and in April I bought a ’11 SG with 1,480 miles on it that I began customizing. While researching some things for my build I ran across this site. I gotta say this is one awesome site with a wealth of information! So I became a member in April and just this month upgraded to a site supporting member and decided it was time to introduce myself.

Prior to becoming a member I bought a bunch of parts on line but after joining I learned that there are vendors I made purchases from that are on here. I want to give a shout out to Paul at Native Custom Baggers, Jevon at Pickard and Kip at Scrub Cycles, all where I spent a lot of $$$

As far as my build I plan on starting a thread to show my progress but here are some of the details. I've cut the frame and did a HHI builders kit with a "26 PM Icon wheel with NCB front & rear fenders. A few other parts for my build are by Arlen Ness, Paul Yaffe, Wicked Image, Hawg-Wired, Performance Machine, RSD, Hawg Halters, Sinister Ind., Arnott and Top Shop (Tony makes some nice saddlebags). I changed out the stock silver gauges for the HD Titanium faced gauges and got the oil temp. gauge to replace the air temp. gauge. Here is a before picture and where it stands now in the mock up phase.

Even though this bike’s 103†motor is barely broken in I got the bug from this forum and now I am adding cams, pushrods, lifters and a zippers dual cam chain tensioner.

I go to Daytona for Biketoberfest every year and usually try to make it to Delmarva bike week on the years I can and Sturgis is on my bucket list, sorry I missed it this year. I look forward to meeting my neighboring members and some of you at an event or two.

Sending thanks out to all the members on here that have answered a few of my questions. Y’all Rock!!!

Attachments

thecort

Welcome from NYC. Hey bro, a bunch of us will be in OCMD for Delmarva. Hit us up if you want to meet up. A few of us met up last year & had a blast!

Latest posts