input needed 7 neck /9 tree or 9 neck/7 tree

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

tboner

ok, im in the process of ordering my parts for a 26" wheel and a question came up about the neck configuration.

I want to keep the wheel tucked in and the space in the neck to a minimum.

I wanted to order a 7 degree neck with 9 degree trees and the suggestion came up from HHI that I should do the opposite, a 9 degree neck and 7 degree trees.

my question is what would be the difference......they HHI strongly suggest doing a 9 neck and 7 tree.

I didn't want to do anything until I had achance to get CB input...

I want to still run a crash bar too.....any input would be great

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I agree with HHI, do the 9* neck in case you want to switch to a 9/9 combo later.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

tboner

I dont think its a matter of having the option of changing, they hhi want me to sign a release if I go 7/9tree. Its pretty obviouse they are worried about wobble.
BUT....I have read alot of people doing same even Paul at NCB said a 7/9 would be fine and not look too stretched. Actually when you use a yaffe or pickard nck kit your basically setting the stretch so I dont understand the difference....

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Stretch and neck angle are two different things.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

tboner

its the large gap between the tank and dash im trying to reduce and still go 26"

tboner

I just got ff the phone with HHI and wanted to share....now this guy talked fast so I hope I captured it right.

he said stock trail for a 08 streetglide is 6.2

if I go with a 7 neck and 9 tree with 1" adapters the trail would be 7.3

if I go 9/9 with 2" adapters the trail would be 7.7

he advised not to go 9 neck and 7 trees. I didn't cature why as I was trying to write down the notes.....

So basically 7/9 would be closer to stock.

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
looks like your struggling with the same thing I was. I just went ahead and went 9/9 since it's proven-you could alway go 30-and I'm doing my own neck so stretch wont be an issue. Mine stretch will be very short.

tboner

Paul at Native said you can do a 7/7 on a 26" too...he posted a silver bike with that combo

HawgSwag26

Site Supporter
I went with HHI 7/9 because I didnt want too much of a gap from the frame to the wheel. Np198 did his Road glide 7/9 and it came out with a great stance

tboner

Yea I spent a good amount of time reading member builds and I'm digging the 7/9, Like the trail numbers and not a big fan of the long gap.
Decision made and order placed....now the wainting game for them to arrive.

Latest posts