Inner Fairing Ipad and Speaker Modifications

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Biggin

I did not due a great job of capturing all the details while building my set up...i get in tunnel vision when I'm working guys so sorry..But here's some pics that i did take while the building process was ongoing...keep in mind some people do it different what works for u have at it but this worked for me

In the beginning i mounted the 6.5 speaker inserts on the fairing after i sanded the areas with some 400 grit to rough them up real good. If doing this u also need to remove the RG compartment doors. I used epoxy and superglue to hold the speaker housing in place before i used my staple gun (lesson learned regulate your air pressure down, i hit it with 110 psi and had to make a new MSD wood speaker housing lol). Keep in mind the fleece (regular cotton from wal-mart like .65 cents a yard is all you need. Once the fleece hardens once you are happy with ur wrap that will make it all one piece so the glue and staples are needed just to secure it to the fairing.

as u can and will see with the pics i did the 4 speakers first before the Ipad housing. once the fleece hardens u can sand it down i used 50 & 80 grit on it before bondo cut it quick, do not make it smooth totally, leave it a little rough thus the bondo will totally smooth it all out.

More pics to come

IMG_0702.jpg IMG_0707.jpg IMG_0704.jpg IMG_0712.jpg IMG_0714.jpg

Biggin

More pics

like i said not enough pic's taken and this was my first inner fairing build

if i could break this one build down i would use the word

SANDING and a lot of it, but well worth it, not because i couldnt afford to buy one, but hell why not make ur own with how u want it to be..

IMG_0725.jpg IMG_0724.jpg IMG_0716.jpg IMG_0728.jpg IMG_0754.jpg

Biggin

Looks awsome I just started molding my inner and sheild seeing this is a great motivator. Thanks!

Don't hesitate to buzz me Trav once u start if u run into issues or have questions bro, trust u me I debated it for a while...a lot of wk but worth it

DMC

Site Supporter
That looks great! There are so damn many things a person can do with 'glass. All the sanding is a bitch, but when it's all done, it's well worth it!