Inner fairing brackets with larger speakers???

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bill

I used to own some shit!
For those of you with bigger speakers in the fairing...

Did you do away with the small outer most supports or modify them to fit?

Installing a Hawg Wired setup and it says to remove or modify... If they aren't needed I am fine with taking them off. But, I don't want to crack the fairing from not having that support.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
I reused them. The outer fairing will shake like crazy without them. One of mine broke and it rattled and shook like crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thecort

I think the newer fairings don't have that problem (i thought I read you had an '06) so if it were me, I'd try my best to keep as much support as possible.
Think about it...you probably added an amp (more weight), bigger speakers (more weight). Plus your suspension isn't going to be as plush as the stocker, so that added weight won't be absorbed as well.
Before you think it's not that much weight, don't forget that every bump, pothole & road imperfection, at speed will magnify the weight difference. You shouldn't have problem as long as you don't remove any support brackets...
Think about it this way: you can't add more weight to a pick up & take out a leaf spring, without it affecting stuff in the long run.
Just my .02

Tap it!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Kinda the opinions I expected to hear. I'll probably attempt to make some stronger ones while I am there.

bradwulf20

Truce them like others said your fairing will shake and possibly crack the paint. Plus we have always reused the stock brackets and have not needed to modify them.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I think I just realized if I rotate the speaker 90* or 180* the brackets will fit as is.

I'll try tomorrow and report my findings.

smokenjoep01

Kinda the opinions I expected to hear. I'll probably attempt to make some stronger ones while I am there.

You still may wanna think about making a couple nice strong tube stock type brackets. I have seen most of the stock one break. And there is no aftermarket upgrade available currently that I know of.
You may be able to make a jig of the ones you make and pop em out for member$, etc. Based on the level of fab skills involed in building that rock crawler. This would be a snap for ya.

bradwulf20

the new replacement ones you get from harley are actually redesigned and alot stronger than the old style. and they are less than 20 bucks a piece