I want it OLD SCHOOL LOUD!!!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

HAWGfeva

Im buying the 2012 Street Glide and I already know what body work Im going to do but Im lost as far as sound and performance. I dont want to race however I do want it to sound MEAN. I heard bikes with the .777 cam in it and it sound ok but not aggressive enough for me. I want her to sound like its going to shut off and I want the exhaust to sound like the old bikes with carburetors used to sound. These new bikes arent loud enough. Is their anything I could do to get that sound to come out of my bike? Thanks guys!

Last edited:

Zach

Site Supporter
Crank up the compression and use a nice lopey cam. A SE211 at 10.5:1 sounds pretty bad ass. Put a thunder header on it and it will be loud. Unfortunately getting the carbed almost dying idle is gone. Adjusting the idle down that far ona TC is brutal on the lower end.

Zach

HAWGfeva

Crank up the compression and use a nice lopey cam. A SE211 at 10.5:1 sounds pretty bad ass. Put a thunder header on it and it will be loud. Unfortunately getting the carbed almost dying idle is gone. Adjusting the idle down that far ona TC is brutal on the lower end.

Zach

WOW! I heard that cam on youtube and it hits pretty hard. Thanks.

HAWGfeva

buy my set of sikpipes. they sound gnarly loud and my bike barely idles haha

Ive also heard those sikpipes on youtube and they sound awsome as well but I want a set of pipes that sticks out of the back of the bike. Ive spent years on crotch rockets with brock mufflers hanging out of the side of the bike and I dont want it in my ear anymore.

RLJ676

Im buying the 2012 Street Glide and I already know what body work Im going to do but Im lost as far as sound and performance. I dont want to race however I do want it to sound MEAN. I heard bikes with the .777 cam in it and it sound ok but not aggressive enough for me. I want her to sound like its going to shut off and I want the exhaust to sound like the old bikes with carburetors used to sound. These new bikes arent loud enough. Is their anything I could do to get that sound to come out of my bike? Thanks guys!

Trade you my carbed 06 SG for your 12, problem solved haha.

Latest posts