I got my cams put in.

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

bagdaddy09

After finding some SE255 cams on ebay for $110 shipped I decided to install them myself. I reused the original pushrods, and added powdercoated tappet blocks. When it was all done, I realized my battery wasn't enough to crank over the new cams, but swapped it out too, and it runs great. Heres a pic my wife took while i was in the middle of it.

Attachments

• cam picture.jpg
    cam picture.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

slothy

Balls
picture doesnt show up

i love my 103 with 255, but i think with what i hear from addict j's fuel motor 107 with woods 555 cams its a beast and i might wanna switch lol

slothy

Balls
i just did my buddys 11' wide glide with some 204 cams, he had the tank and pipes off aready, i had it running in around 3 hours and prob 30 of it was looking for the bolts and nuts for his pipe and tank. he didn't wanna buy pushrods so i went thru the top of motor

Last edited:

bagdaddy09

It took me two nights because on the initial start up aftering hearing the rattles before the lifters build up I turned it off, and the battery was too weak to start it. It would crank twice, and grunt. Scared me pretty bad. I pulled everything apart and it was right. Got advice that I didn't let it run long enough to build up oil pressure in the lifters, and they build more cylinder on start up so the battery needs to be pretty good. One new battery later, boom started first try, rattle went away after a few seconds, and it runs strong. I've got bearing pullers too, if any body needs to borrow/rent them.

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I just ordered TR-555 Torqsters, a dragula 2:1, thundermax, and screamin eagle pushrods. Could you guys point me to a build tutorial that talks about cutting out the factory pushrods (so I don't have to remove the heads) and installing/adjusting the screamin eagle rods? Thanks!

crutter

Site Supporter
S&s has a push rod video on you tube. Also covers pushrod adjustment. If I Rember correctly the SE rods get 2.5 full turns. Read the instructions. They are really good. If you need any help let me know

crutter

Site Supporter
Not a prob man. It's what we are here for.... What yeah is your bike? You should also look into a baisley oil pressure spring and plunger. Zippers sells them. While you have the cam chest apart it is money well spent. Your oil pressure will no longer be zero at idle!

Latest posts