Hydaulic ram table lift

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

TraceCave Customs

Anyone ever seen a Hydraulic ram used as a lift for motorcycles? Something you can just sink down in the concrete when not using. I am getting ready to build a new shop and wanted one.

Something like this

138819364-M.jpg138819356-M.jpg

Last edited:

Zach

Site Supporter
My Dad has one in his garage. He built a steel plate to go over the legs of the hoist. The plate has a wheel chock and toe down points on it. Works pretty slick. Plus it is sunk into the garage floor so it's a simple ride on deal.

Zach

Wanna Ride

A few years ago, I saw a thread somewhere on the 'net, where a guy cut his floor, re-filled it several inches lower to accomodate his lift. He plumbed the line through the floor and ran it up the wall, next to the work station. The deck of the lift was at the same grade as the floor, worked out pretty slick.

Went to a lot of work to retrofit it, but if I was building a new garage, I'd certainly have to consider doing it that way. I worked on all my shit for years without a lift, so when I finally got one last year, I was ecstatic. I'd never have a bike without having a lift again, I'm too fat and too old to lay on the garage floor... unless there's a 25 year old stripper down there with me... or a sandwich.:27:

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
you gotta remember though, when you countersink your lift table into the floor, youre losing like 10 inches of its maximum height that it can lift. specially with like a handy lift, they dont lift that high, so after you countersink it, you are truly just making it a back breaking height that doesnt help at all. youre better off getting the K&L hydraulic lifts that lift wayyy higher and are way nicer. we have two of them and they are amazing.

Opunui

you gotta remember though, when you countersink your lift table into the floor, youre losing like 10 inches of its maximum height that it can lift. specially with like a handy lift, they dont lift that high, so after you countersink it, you are truly just making it a back breaking height that doesnt help at all. youre better off getting the K&L hydraulic lifts that lift wayyy higher and are way nicer. we have two of them and they are amazing.
Could you post a link please

Zach

Site Supporter
This guy used the K&L. I have a Handy Lift at my Dad's and I can see where it would be a bad height if it was sunk.

floor lift 3.jpg

floor lift 2.jpg

floor lift 1.jpg

Zach

Zach

Site Supporter
What is his made out of?

The lift he got from a recycler in Portland that yanked it out of a gas station. I think the plate he has is just a 1/4" piece of steel welded to a frame made from angle iron. I haven't actually seen it in a long time. It's got shit piled on top of it. He's been using my Handy Lift I'm storing in his gararge. LOL.

Zach

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
Opunui, Zach posted a picture of the K&L lifts we have. We have a teeter totter wheel chock on ours to make it more safe, but you get the idea. and if you didnt notice, the K&L Lifts have dropouts for the front and rear wheels so you can change tires ALOT easier and the dropouts can be used for several other things like changing your oil on your push lawn mower alot easier. trust me, these lifts have it all. they even have wings that you can bolt on to make them wider for like a four wheeler. we leave our wings on because its just more workspace to work on your bike. its awesome.

Latest posts