hsr 42.mikuni..anyone running one?

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

toez71

just curious,what u all running for mods an jetting on these?i recently converted my bike from the mag-marelly fuel inj to carb, im running 37-g cams,mild port work,matched springs ,k&n filter an stage one screamin eagle slipons,
from stock needle i went one step richer , an pilot im upto a 30 from stock 25,then 27.5 an main jet im still dialing in, from stock 160 looks like i still got to go richer , still playin with that if weather here decides to permit:beatdeadhorse5:

Last edited:

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
i run the same carb same jets its close for me but i think it still needs to be tweeked on the dyno. pilot is a 27.5 and the main is a 160. i running a evo 85 cubic inch motor with ev59 cam and cnc prted heads , dyna 2000 ignition, 90 horse and 100 ft. pounds of torc. not tuned

Caboverbob

Site Supporter
just curious,what u all running for mods an jetting on these?i recently converted my bike from the mag-marelly fuel inj to carb, im running 37-g cams,mild port work,matched springs ,k&n filter an stage one screamin eagle slipons,
from stock needle i went one step richer , an pilot im upto a 30 from stock 25,then 27.5 an main jet im still dialing in, from stock 160 looks like i still got to go richer , still playin with that if weather here decides to permit:beatdeadhorse5:

Toez, thinking bout doin this mid to my '01 RG soon. Is it a must to add a PC or similar, or can I somehow get by w/o it until more $ land in my pocket ? Right now I have a cracked fuel line in the tank causing me to wanna get rid of the pump/filter in the tank setup.

Any good advice ?

Sent from Caboverbob's iPhone using Tapatalk and Bud Light

Mike7Legacy

What else was involved in the conversion? What ignition did you use?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NHBAGGER

Site Supporter
I run a 42 with my 106 with flowed heads and Tman 600sm cams. Been a while since we verified settings, but these should be ball park:

low speed screw 1.5 turns, 27.5 pilot, 165 main jet, 18.0 mm float height, -96 needle 3rd groove, #70 accel pump nozzle

Hooch

I'm running the same carb on mine. I didn't tune this one though. I will say it runs like a raped ape and no hesitation or stutter anywhere in the power band if that helps. Frank did a hell of a job on this thing.

Hooch

Ferro

Site Supporter
I think the Mikuni is the best out. I ran them on all my bike's. Those carbs come pretty close right out of the box as far as adjusting them goes. The only thing I ever really had to do was go up one size on the low jet and one up on the high. I've never had to mess with the needle. Most people think that those carbs are hard to set but I find them to be one of the easiest out there. Once you understand how they work. If your having problems and you want a lot of knowledgeable info on how to set them call mikuni directly they're very helpful and will get you dialed in no time at all. most people over think these carbs but like I stated above they're very easy to adjust it just takes time.