Hooking up RF300x4

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Willy_b

I'm getting a new RF300x4 because I fried the other one and it was under warranty. My question is how should I hook the inputs up on the new one? On the one that fried I had it hooked up to factory head unit through speaker wires but I just installed a Sony head unit and didnt know if I should use the preamp rca's to hook the new one up.

crutter

Site Supporter
If you I had an aftermarket head unit I would use the rca's. The signal is cleaner and there is less background noise in the speakers. Call rf tech or Pete at Soundz. Pete is a vendor here. Both have great info to offer.

slothy

Balls
If you I had an aftermarket head unit I would use the rca's. The signal is cleaner and there is less background noise in the speakers. Call rf tech or Pete at Soundz. Pete is a vendor here. Both have great info to offer.

Yes,but either on here or hd forums people were having better sound with the hi levels on this amp specifically.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

dbell66253

One of THE 150!
I have two RF 300s, the level from the rca's is too low, hook up to the high level, or you won't be happy, in order not to blow your amp again be sure to adjust it properly, it doesn't take much gain.