Home made side dump

SG11

If you have enough straight pipe at the end to be able install baffle then it will work. Need back pressure to help with tuning most of the time.

Torch

Site Supporter
I have a side dump I bought from Bagger Milita and I am having a hell of a time tuning now. It's on a 06 and has no cat or baffle. I talked to Hamie at Fuel Moto and he said to put in a baffle and go from there. I saw the baffle a lot are using in this thread, my question is, can I put it in at the exit of pipe? I would like to find something to help without having to take pipe off or have anything welded. Also, would an parts store resonator tip help any with tun ability? Thx
This is what I'm running in my DIY side dump with flame thrower exhaust. The description says it doesn't add much back pressure, but it seems to do the trick for me, MOTORHD, and a few others. Also adds a little deeper tone, and no decel pop on mine.

http://www.smileysracing.com/shopping/productDetails.aspx?i=8940&c=0

Cone2.jpg

ss69camaro7

Anybody want to sell there home made side exhaust I've got a 2013 Street Glide Bagger that I would really like to take these LAF drag pipes off of. Would be easier to txt me pics and price to 205-337-0869

Torch

Site Supporter
Just do something like this using a stock head pipe. I cut at 1" past the factory weld at the collector, this removes the cat and gives a nice overlap section to weld on your transition pipe from oval to round. I kept mine two-piece with a slip-on elbow so I could rotate the tip to the exact spot I want, and be able to check on the baffle cone and fuel jet I have for the flame thrower.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Latest posts