Hold my beer as I mess this bike up! Long boring into.

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

trav0302

First post here we go. Looks like I'm going to be trying my hand at metric/american build? Man I don't know what the heck to call it. But how cares. So quick back story wont be too long just want yall to be on the same page. Easy stuff first Grew up in mechanic shop with grandfather opened my own with my wife. We have 2 boys they love to be my little helpers. Fun stuff over sorry, couldn't last forever I guess it was all going great till 2 years ago diag. with MS couldn't walk, bearly talk, etc, etc. Lost shop. Bla, bla, I was a into wheeling, camping, basically anything with the fam. that I could have a ton of torque and horsepower in. Now not so much. 1 1/2 ago I started on 3/4 treatments of chemo and believe it or not I'm almost back to normal! Still lost a good bit of feeling but I'm back to work, hang with the fam., drinking with the buddies. So all and all can't complain. So besides loseing some teeth and bone mass from the first few chemo treatments on to new adventures.

Not that anyones asking but I had to sell off my projects due to too much work for me. They were just too old and needed alot more then I could give them. I might be working 40 hours a week warehouse but lifting 150 lbs and welding at the same time is alittle much for me anymore. I had been riding bikes off and on for years and my dad has been giving me crap for years now for not breaking down a buying a Harley. Both my Dad and Mom do the stugis thing every chance they get. My dad has a 2005 fatboy and well I don't remember what my mom rides but its comparable but smaller.

So I finally choose since I can't do 4x4's or fast cars I can finally have the bagger I have always wanted to build. It might take me alittle longer then before but what the heck. What did I buy? You didn't think I could give into my dad that easy did you? Not yet! I still know how to push the old mans buttons. I picked up a 95 honda shadow ACE 1100 LOL! This will be fun. There is some thought that did go into this tho. I didn't want my first attempt at a bagger to be a Harley. If I have learned anything over the years it's you learn more by taking the path less traveled.

Sorry to be long winded it's always best just to get the crap out of the way wipe, flush, turn on the fan and be done with it.

As long as there isn't a min. post before pics this should work. Thought I had some better pics. you get the idea.

next to my k5 I sold dang she looks small next to my truck!

Opunui

Great story..have fun and we will be by your side on your next journey. Get well. OBTW Welcome from the beautiful islands of Hawaii.

thecort

Welcome from NYC!
My brother was diagnosed with MS 2yrs ago. He just got surgery (Montel Williams) he feels much better.
Seems like you're staying positive!
Looking forward to seeing your build dude!

Tap it!

11FLTRX103

Shadows are great bikes my first was an ace 750 my wife rides it now I put mini apes and a hard tail kit on it and still enjoy riding it to this day!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1348619747690.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1348619747690.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 236

trav0302

Thanks guys I'm really looking forward to this build. As for getting better MS is incurable but they are always working on new meds. I will tell ya that if you met me on the street you would have no idea thats for sure. But first things first glad to be here and I'm glad I found you guys. Theres some really sweet rides in here! I was almost afraid to post. seems like everyone that posts already has a huge jump on there ride. But the I just said what the heck!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Welcome to the site!

If there is anything we can do, just let us know... The members here cover most of the country and damn near all of them would give the shirt off thier back...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

RLJ676

Welcome. Great story and glad to hear you are on the upswing. The toys are just that, you can replace them w/ new projects now.

Looking forward to seeing what you do w/ the bike.

trav0302

Thanks again for the warm welcome everyone. At first it was pretty depressing but after you get a few spinal taps, 10 Mri's in a week at an hour a pop, and a shot of chemo you start to say well whatever and realise the little crap you use to get mad about is pretty Fu**en dumb. So I have a new look on things now. I still get pissed just like the next guy but I get a monthly reminder of chemo to put be back into my place. LOL

Latest posts