HHI 9 degree triple tree install w/ pics & review

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

thecort

I do not claim to be a pro. This is just what I did.

It was a pretty straight forward install even though I did not get any install instructions with the kit. I went to HHI's site & pulled up an exploded view of a similar triple tree.

First I took pics & measurements of the front end

Then took tore down the front end. I made sure to tape everything that was connected together so I would remember how it all goes back together

Installed the trees as per the exploded view diagram & directions from HHI.

Just a note to the guys who do not still have the stock springs & spacers in the forks. Trying to get the fork cap off the fork tube is a real pain in the ass without the right vise/tool to hold it from spinning while trying to loosen the fork cap. I tried heating it up which didn't work but sure did melt the PVC spacer I had in there from the Progressive 1" drop spring kit I installed last year. What a douche I am.
I used the OEM lower tree to hold the tube in place while I loosened the fork cap
It worked perfect!

Anyway, I installed new spacers & changed the fork oil & put everything back together & took her for a ride today. Did about 100 miles. 1st thing I noticed was the weight of the wheel when making a slow turn. It's not bad at all, it's just I noticed it just like when I installed my 21". At highway speeds it feels great. When I hit 65mph or faster the front end tracks fine, it feels really light though. I can see how some guys are getting that wobble. I just ordered a steering damper. Do I absolutely need one? No, but it'll make it more stable & feel more confident. Will I keep the trees? Absolutely! I love the way the bike looks.
Here are the after shots.

Tap it!

808Bagger

on a scale of 1-10 whats your take on it? 9* HHI trees running a 23 inch wheel? is your bike still lowered an 1" and replaced the PVC? im still waiting on a side profile pic you tease!

thecort

on a scale of 1-10 whats your take on it? 9* HHI trees running a 23 inch wheel? is your bike still lowered an 1" and replaced the PVC? im still waiting on a side profile pic you tease!

Compared to stock? I'd say a 7. It could be better. But it's hard to say because I've never run a raked kit on a bagger before. So I don't have anything to really compare it to but a stock bike.
Tease? lol it's posted on my other thread brother. lol

Tap it!

thecort

Yeah bro they are nice! Just be careful I got caught in the neck already...ouch! lol

Tap it!

thecort

I'm laughing, but that's not funny.

How's the quality of em?

Laugh at my expense huh? Lmao! I've never even bumped into my stock lever ends before. I get these & I get shanked on the 3rd day! Almost got me yesterday too! lol

The quality is very good, so far. I don't have for very long. Maybe 400miles.

Tap it!

Peterod45

Haha. I can't tell you how many times I've jabbed myself w my Yaffe mirrors. They're sharp to a point, so I've got some practice w at least "trying" to avoid that area.

WanaRyd Wheels

Extreme Vendor
We offer HHI Triple Trees and Neck Rake kits at WanaRyd - recommend the 7 degree overall for a 23" and a 9 degree overall for a 26".
PM me if you have any further questions or are interested in a quote plus proper lead time. Ryd safe.

thecort

We offer HHI Triple Trees and Neck Rake kits at WanaRyd - recommend the 7 degree overall for a 23" and a 9 degree overall for a 26".
PM me if you have any further questions or are interested in a quote plus proper lead time. Ryd safe.

Did you need me to start out with "and now a word from our sponsers"
Lol

Tap it!

Latest posts