HHI 7* vs Trike trees, Any advantages?

808Bagger

808, I'm looking to do a 23" with trees only on a 2010 SG. I'm looking into the kewlmetal 12 degree triple tree. Do you have any experience with them?

Tap that [email protected]#!
Actually go to my profile, and check under my friends list and message "yardsale". He is currently running the kewl metal 12 trees I believe and had cut his neck 7*. He is currently running a 23" but changing to a 26". I prefer the stretch look rather than just the kewl 12* trees. Here's 2 pics of a friends bike currently with what your asking for. I doubt that it's lowered in the front and no air ride in the rear..

Attachments

Jakespeed

808 I'm also going to go with a 23. Let me get it straight trike trees no cutting and a 23 works and rides as stock w no issues or should I go with HHI or sinister trees ? What degree makes it right ? I don't want it to ride like crap or have the wheel feel heavy and sluggish.

808Bagger

808 I'm also going to go with a 23. Let me get it straight trike trees no cutting and a 23 works and rides as stock w no issues or should I go with HHI or sinister trees ? What degree makes it right ? I don't want it to ride like crap or have the wheel feel heavy and sluggish.
TG tress is cheaper but will have to lower about 2 in. 21" wheel would be perfect no drop. Rides like stock. HHI Trees *7 you still have to drop, cost more but worth it, you can buy the 7* rake neck and add the stretch look. Keep forks stock length. 7-7 combo will be an awesome ride and look really nice. I would save for the 7-7 Combo if i were you read up on the earlier posting on this thread.

Peterod45

What I got out of it was, whether you go with the HHIs or Trikes, the ride will be "ok". The reason I asked about HHI vs Trikes was the cost. For something that's buried under my fairing do I need to pay an extra $400 for a prettier set of trees?

I'm going with the trikes and an AF Customs neck kit for my 23. This setup(neck/trees), according to many, rides as good, if not better than stock. 808 did say you'd be ok with just the trees.

Peterod45

Maybe not, but try to install
With stock length and install your wheel and see how it stands...
Ok. That's the plan for now. Thanks.

By the way, nice work. It seems like you've got a pic in your back pocket for every question asked regarding the front end. I love it!

Peterod45

One more question, if the HHIs are adding length to the forks and trikes aren't, would it mean the HHIs need be lowered more so? Or do I have it backwards? I'm learning as I'm writing, haha.

808Bagger

Yeah the picture was with the TG trees. With the 7* HHI, im not sure if it comes with that added cartridge to screw in the upper trees. But the 9* trees did. I'm guessing it does and maybe you don't because the neck has a 1" stretch and up an 1" too! So regardless. After doing the neck try to test fit TG first without lowering forks..I forgot you where doing the neck.

Jakespeed

what combo would give me that look with the 23 and still have the ride, comfort and ability to twist it up without gettin the shakes

808Bagger

This bike is a BADDAD bike, according to his specs, he did a 9* neck and lowered 2" on a 23" wheel. I personally would go this route to run a 23" wheel if I wasn't stretching. Later if I wanted to run a 26" wheel, I'm able to run the same 9* trees along with the 9* neck from AF customs. To save $ in the long run I would go HHI...everything bolts on and you can invest in a rake bucket and run it on the BATWING or Roadking nacelle..

Attachments

808Bagger

On more thing, there's a reason for the combo when stretching. Test and proven for comfort and radical look with the 7-7*, the subtle look and the 9-9* for a little more radical. Trail, travel, rake #'s are tested in these specs. Avoid short cuts cause you are only on 2 wheels flyin 70+ mph. A slight mishap can cause serious catastrophe....ride safe!

toosons

This bike is a BADDAD bike, according to his specs, he did a 9* neck and lowered 2" on a 23" wheel. I personally would go this route to run a 23" wheel if I wasn't stretching. Later if I wanted to run a 26" wheel, I'm able to run the same 9* trees along with the 9* neck from AF customs. To save $ in the long run I would go HHI...everything bolts on and you can invest in a rake bucket and run it on the BATWING or Roadking nacelle..
808, you said 9 on tree only. Who do you get the 9 from? And how was your ride with the tg tree with the 23?

Latest posts