HELP! Please, Bag and fender prob.

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

SOCALLOWBOY

Bag and fender.JPGTrying to fit Sinister fender and bags. Didnt get instructions with the parts... And it's not looking good. What are we doing wrong? Are the Saddlebags suppose to go in the stock position with no adjustments? If so the fender has almost a 1" gap at the bottom and is touching at the top. The fender seems to be tight on the fenderBag and fender.jpg

SUAVE

There's a bracket that connects the two bag rails and bolts to the fender . Try pushing the two bag rails in together to bend that bracket in. I had to do the same. It will take two people and some good footing.

thecort

It looks like your pipes need to but pulled in towards the center of the bike. Try doing that like Suave said. If you need to, make the holes on the fender bracket, which connects to the saddlebag rail, a little bigger. Not diameter wise but in length, so that you can get the saddlebag brackets closer to the wheel.
Looking at the 2nd pic, you can also shim out the top rear of the saddlebag mounting bracket. You can probably get a 1/16-1/8" out of that. Don't go too much because they'll look crooked from the top.

Tap it!

SOCALLOWBOY

Yea Yardsale I know what you mean for what they charge for a piece of plastic/fiberglass you think that shit would fit right. Thanks Suave and thecort, We are just gonna start tweeking things and see what happens.

slothy

Balls
Also make sure u have the rubber grommets in the bags. U can use washer behind the bracket up top if you need a little more room up top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

czajicek34

One of THE 150!
yeah i had the same problem i drilled new holes in the tabs coming off the bag bars to pull them in closer together. and then used a rachet strap between the 2 bars to pull them together and bent them in because there pretty stiff and it makes putting that bracket on much easier.

Paul O'Brien

Yes always fit everything before paint because nothing ever fits like its supposed to, even chrome parts like sinister signal eliminators, it ALL needs fabrication lol. That's why it's called a build and not bolt on :)

SOCALLOWBOY

Got it back together. Took some work to get it fitted, even then its not perfect. Gonna pull the engine this winter and black it out. Not a Big Baller 26" but it looks a lot better than before.

05 Harley.jpgATTACH]6791[/ATTACH]photo 1.jpg

Attachments

• photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 116

fame2

One of THE 150!
looks damn good...i had o tweak the hell outta my bags/fenders before i was happy