Help oem radio quit working or I need info on installing an aftermarket deck in my 07

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Terminator

Hi, I beleive my radio took a crap on me this sat. During a ride bypassed it with a differant deck thru my amp and it all worked so I'm pretty sure its the radio, Is there a way to self bench test the radio to see whats wrong with it, The lighgts, controlls everything works buy no sound. Are there any other kits out there to adapt an aftermarket deck to my scoot other than the Biketrinics kit? Not trying to be a cheep ass but I broke my back and havent worked in 4 yrs so money's ultra tight. Any help, Ideas , Coments welcome. Thanks ahead for your time, Todd

thecort

If your bike is still under warranty get it replaced. Then sell the replacement on eBay (going for $300+) & get a new head unit. Soundzinstall can help you out with that. He's a vendor here.

Tap it!

TNTCC

Site Supporter
Sold my factory HK for $475 on ebay in 27 minutes. I'll never run another stocker.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Sold my factory HK for $475 on ebay in 27 minutes. I'll never run another stocker.

It's only a matter of time before mine comes out... The factory radios suck...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Terminator

I hear ya guys load and clear, But my problem is my stocker isn't worth shit right now if it doesn't work, So I'm weighing my financial options, $250 to get the hk up and running or $400+ to put something else in. If THe money were there I wouldn't even hesitate, The stock one sucks but a sucky one thats working is better than not!!!! lol

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I hear ya guys load and clear, But my problem is my stocker isn't worth shit right now if it doesn't work, So I'm weighing my financial options, $250 to get the hk up and running or $400+ to put something else in. If THe money were there I wouldn't even hesitate, The stock one sucks but a sucky one thats working is better than not!!!! lol

I bet you could get an aftermarket unit it there for $250.

Terminator

The radio isn't the bad part , its The $200-225 for the adaption kit / wiring harness is a little hard to swallow,

Zach

Site Supporter

Iron Cross buys broken units. Not sure what they would give you for it, but it's at least worth a call.

Zach

Terminator

Hey guys have ny of you used one of those kits, How hard is it to install? I like the Idea of plug and play but to save a buttload of cash which I need to at this point, When you use one of these what do you use to install the radio? The hole is alot larger for the Hk then an aftermarket Radio. Thanks for the info guys.

RLJ676

Hey guys have ny of you used one of those kits, How hard is it to install? I like the Idea of plug and play but to save a buttload of cash which I need to at this point, When you use one of these what do you use to install the radio? The hole is alot larger for the Hk then an aftermarket Radio. Thanks for the info guys.

I've not used this particular type, but have used line out stuff made by PAC and it is easy. Basically connect wire a to wire b, etc.

Reading on these it may take a little more skill as there are so many different wiring variations on what steering wheel input wire controls what function. That is probably where needing a voltmeter it mentions comes into play. You need to find out which of the wires is volume, play, etc. There's a decent stereo shop near me that does a lot of custom work on bikes (should see some of the scooter sytems they do, glassed in stuff etc on an actual scooter, like 50 cc) that blows out old HU's for a cheap price "installed." I'm gonna see how much to do one in my bike w/ a PAC SWI.

Zach

Site Supporter
I've not used this particular type, but have used line out stuff made by PAC and it is easy. Basically connect wire a to wire b, etc.

Reading on these it may take a little more skill as there are so many different wiring variations on what steering wheel input wire controls what function. That is probably where needing a voltmeter it mentions comes into play. You need to find out which of the wires is volume, play, etc. There's a decent stereo shop near me that does a lot of custom work on bikes (should see some of the scooter sytems they do, glassed in stuff etc on an actual scooter, like 50 cc) that blows out old HU's for a cheap price "installed." I'm gonna see how much to do one in my bike w/ a PAC SWI.

I haven't looked but the wiring schematic in the back of the HD service manual might tell you exactly which wire does what.

Zach

Terminator

Thanks guys with all your help, I'm gonna do the same hit up a stereo shop nearby and see what they can/will do for me, I've done alot of shit myself but I don't want to mess shit up and spend the next year chasing a wiring glitch, Riding time up here in MN is to preciuos.

Latest posts