Headlight

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Big Evil

Site Supporter
I am looking to upgrade my headlight on my 2010 flhtpi, currently run the stock headlight.

Was wondering everyones opinion on led vs hid which is better and throws more light.
Should i go with the Harley version, or aftermarket?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I have the Black HD LED. It's bright, and it looks cool as hell...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Big Evil

Site Supporter
Bill, do you know if it will work with the visor style headlight trim ring

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Jeremy1976

I have the Phase 7 LED by Truck Lite and love it! Best investment I made on the bike! 3 times brighter at night! I also added the extended ring which gives it a more custom look. If you retain the stock ring the Phase 7 will stick out some in comparison to the stock halogen. I am sure the HD LED is nice but for around $600 I opted for the Phase 7 that I paid $217 shipped for. Money towards other goodies!!

ledlamp.jpgledlamp1.jpg

TraceCave Customs

TNTCC

Site Supporter
So you just install this in your stock housing?

Fits in place of the stock H4 bulb. No wires to cut. When I ran a single in the streetglide I carried my stock H4 bulb under the false floor of my saddlebag just in case. Harness plugs into the factory headlight plug so you can switch back if need be. Never need to.

TNTCC

Site Supporter
They make brackets for mounting the ballasts as well. Gets a little tight with 2 ballasts, amp, 4 6.5"speakers and wiring in the RG fairing so take some extra time to layout mounting and routing. I'll get some pics and post when I have outer back off to get repaired.(Furry critter got me)

DAPERFORMANCE

Extreme Vendor
I run the hd halogen lamp. Witch is the same as the hd hid lamp with out the hid. Its way cheaper and run a hid bulb and balast from ebay with a relay. Bright as hell and looks great. With that lamp u still keep the high beam bulb cause it has 2 bulbsmy st glide 15.jpg

Latest posts