Having gap issues with bag and fender

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Oval out the bolt holes of the bracket that bolts across the inside of the fender.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

yardsale

Up in da one fiddy...
I think what Bill is saying is you need to hog-out the mounting holes in the bracket that attaches at the points in the picture...

Saddlebag Mounts.JPG

I had to hog-out the holes where my bag brackets mounted to the frame to bring the bags down, mounting holes in the fiberglass fender to bring the fender up, and get rid of the rubber mounts between the bag and the bag bracket... and it still didn't line up perfectly.

Pro Tip: I don't recommend attempting to lower the bag brackets because now my rear swing arm hits the mount when I bottom-out.

thecort

Basically you want to widen those holes. It'll give you room to spread the bag outwards. Then while holding it out, tighten up the bolt.
I think that's what you're trying to achieve.

Tap it!

AZZKIKR CUSTOM CYCLE

Extreme Vendor
one quick tip if you oval the hole in the bag bracket ,give it a tack or weld the bolt fully so it doesnt slide back over time

"Z"

Not only did I have to slot the bolt holes as mentioned here but I also shimmed out the upper left rear saddlebag bracket and rebent the right one to make it shorter. Its a common problem but when you do it right the results are well worth it. Few things get me going more than seeing a top notch bagger in a magazine with a 7k(+) paint job but lousy fitting bags and fender.

Good luck!

Last edited:

Latest posts