Handlebars??

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

repsol69

Site Supporter
OK , So want to change the bars..looking for something like a dragbar look..i see alot of mini apes and stuff but havent seen a dragbar look...do they make these for the baggers?? will they work???

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Somebody just put a set on a Road Glide, I don't remember who though...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

repsol69

Site Supporter
2012 Street Glide... Who makes the ones ur running?? thx...oops didnt see where now i do but i looked on there site it didnt say they were for SG...i thought only RG??

Last edited:

thecort

Those street fighters are kool! I think I like the NEW WAVES better!!! These guys have a great selection of bars... they obviously specialize in bars!

Bars on top of bars on top of more bars! I may have to switch out!

Tap it!

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
I have to switch out! I bought the damn Roland Sands bars for mine and the insides are terrible with sharp edges. I tried double insulating my wires. Worked for about 2 months, but they wore through. I now have a throttle wire that is shorting out and throwing some kind of throttle limiting code. They are absolutely the worst quality bar I've ever seen! Definately not made for internal wiring! I don't have time to install another set right now so I'm in no hurry, but I need to get on it soon because I have to get my bike dynoed again from swwitching pipes. I guess I need to make up my mind!

thecort

I have to switch out! I bought the damn Roland Sands bars for mine and the insides are terrible with sharp edges. I tried double insulating my wires. Worked for about 2 months, but they wore through. I now have a throttle wire that is shorting out and throwing some kind of throttle limiting code. They are absolutely the worst quality bar I've ever seen! Definately not made for internal wiring! I don't have time to install another set right now so I'm in no hurry, but I need to get on it soon because I have to get my bike dynoed again from swwitching pipes. I guess I need to make up my mind!

Did you call RSD & tell them?

Tap it!

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
Nah and I'm kicking myself in the ass for not doing it when i received them. I ended up keeping them because the dealer I bought them through had already sent on set back because I didn't care for them Feeling guilty of being picky, I bit my lip. I shouldn't have! The vertical tubes are ran up halfway into the top and bottom horizontal and then welded. They also had welds with a couple holes in them but they were on the underside and I knew they wouldn't be visible. The constriction in them made them a bear to wire especially the throttle by wire plug side. I've tried opening up the inside a bit with a die grinder and I ended up screwing up the visible chrome on one of the tubes. I liked the look, so I fought through the install. The comfort for me was not where I wanted it to be so I'm just going to eat 'em and change them out. I'm still in the deciding what I want to do in the next phase of the build as I want some more rake and stretch on it, but with the economy what it is, I'm not sure how far I'll be able to go with it this time.

thecort

You can always call then up & start with a question like: "What kind of quality would you rate your bars?" Then go from there. Tell them you have had nothing but problems with wires shorting out & narrowed it down to the bars. I think it's worth a try.

Tap it!

Besides what Cort says, they should know that you are having problems with them... That way they can adjust the process to make them better. Who'd a thunk that making sure the weld burrs would cause chaffing inside the bars. Some manufacturers dont realize some of the issues until the stuff has been in production for years. It's all in how it's presented... tell them you are having issues and how they could make it better, and go from there. RSD is big enough that they should want to keep customers happy.
You can always call then up & start with a question like: "What kind of quality would you rate your bars?" Then go from there. Tell them you have had nothing but problems with wires shorting out & narrowed it down to the bars. I think it's worth a try.

Tap it!