Handle bars

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

Hi Again
I hear lot of talk about handle bars and getting 10, 12, 14, etc. I understand how they look and it appears the higher the bars the sicker some choppers look. But being that I have never rode a Touring/chopper style bike and I use to riding fetish position. What would be a good height to go with without being uncomfortable. By the way how high are the stock bar on a street glide for comparasion? Or do you even need highet bar. Anyone to high and went back to sock or lower?
thanks in advance

Baddd bagger

Moderator and Buddy.
I'm 6'5 and have a sg that started with stock bars and over the winter went to 14 inch apes and felt more comfortable on the bike and better in control of it and there right at shoulder height and very comfortable on long rides

Ride it like you stole it!

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
I think stock is 8", I put 10" convoys on my bike and am going taller. Maybe 14-16. It's more comfortable and looks cool to.

I'm 5'6" so if you're bigger you can go taller, but if you go with a drop seat maybe back to 14-16..

thecort

Hi Again
I hear lot of talk about handle bars and getting 10, 12, 14, etc. I understand how they look and it appears the higher the bars the sicker some choppers look. But being that I have never rode a Touring/chopper style bike and I use to riding fetish position. What would be a good height to go with without being uncomfortable. By the way how high are the stock bar on a street glide for comparasion? Or do you even need highet bar. Anyone to high and went back to sock or lower?
thanks in advance

Well, it really depends on you. How tall are you? Do you mind your hands in the wind (you are riding a Motorcycle lol)? I'm 5'9" & have a set of 12's. I love them. I want 14's but I'm hesitant to change them because of the pain in the ass of pulling wires through (Yaffe bars).

Tap it!

BigChief

Well, it really depends on you. How tall are you? Do you mind your hands in the wind (you are riding a Motorcycle lol)? I'm 5'9" & have a set of 12's. I love them. I want 14's but I'm hesitant to change them because of the pain in the ass of pulling wires through (Yaffe bars).

Tap it!
I am 6ft..and I am planning on having a drop seat..

Buggy

One of THE 150!
I have 14" and they are abut shoulder height on my short 5'8" ass but I want bigger ones maybe this winter . Yes wires suck ass,but in my experiance 14" and lower you can get away with stock wire lengh , just move plugs under radio.

Latest posts