Ground wire?????

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Mr.Goodtime

Site Supporter
Ive smoked 1 RF 300x4 so far....I called the tech line to make sure i have everything in place and all set up right on my new one.. The guy at RF told me my Ground wire couldnt be in front of the forks...He said the grease in my sterring head would cause a short while riding and make my amp get hot!....He told me to run the ground back to the battery..Right now i have it grounded on my inner fairing bracket?????? Does this sound right ?

TNTCC

Site Supporter
I don't know about a short, but most electrical issues stem from bad grounds. I ran power and ground to the battery + and the frame ground lug in front of the battery.

Opunui

Right behind the neck on the left side there is a cable strap that is threaded in to the frame. I have used that location also

crutter

Site Supporter
Good time. The inner fairng bracket support IS NOT a suitable ground. It still grounds through the steering neck. Go straight to the battery. I have installed 3 of them so far.1 grounded to the battery-still alive after 6 months 2. grounded to the fairing support-Dead after 3 weeks. 3rd Grounded to the front forks and it dies after 10 minutes. Just recieved my first warranty amp back yesterday and I will be grounding it to the battery. RF Tech also told me not to set the gain to much higher than 5

Grim

Sounds like I need to move my ground before I put the warranty RF 300 in. I smoked one three days ago wasnt sure what caused it but it sounds like several may have had the same issue.
AddictJ why do bet Mr.Goodtime will smoke a couple more?

slothy

Balls
Sounds like I need to move my ground before I put the warranty RF 300 in. I smoked one three days ago wasnt sure what caused it but it sounds like several may have had the same issue.
AddictJ why do bet Mr.Goodtime will smoke a couple more?

addictj didnt have good luck with his, 3 of em smoked - one less than a mile down the road even after a car audio tech checked everything out for shorts/imped issues

AddictJ

One of THE 150!
had mine grouded at battery, maybe if you tuen gain down to 1 it wont blow lol just the deck it was about as loud as amp, im sure i was working the deck hard but for the deck to sound the same as amp was bad

Mr.Goodtime

Site Supporter
ive installed the ground wire to the battery today...i have the gain at 5 and im not happy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..sounded great when i had it about 9 before...Im going to run it back up to 8 or so and just see if it last....If not i will return my 2nd for warranty and go buy a big ol freakin amp and put it in my bags along with some 6x9's.....yes that sounds like a plan!!!!

bradwulf20

ive installed the ground wire to the battery today...i have the gain at 5 and im not happy at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..sounded great when i had it about 9 before...Im going to run it back up to 8 or so and just see if it last....If not i will return my 2nd for warranty and go buy a big ol freakin amp and put it in my bags along with some 6x9's.....yes that sounds like a plan!!!!

Just buy an arc amp and some focal speakers and it will all fit in the fairing

Heathen

One of THE 150!
Had mine for almost a year, gain is just below 7, running RF Power 6.5 in fairing & 6 by 9 in bags also Memphis crossovers/tweeters. no problems ,but these threads make me nervous !

Latest posts