green bikes

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

thekid

so i been on here for sometime now and seen a lot of green bikes now someone once told me never paint your bike green its bad luck has anyone heard that i love the greens in bike its shape and stands out i am just wondering what you have heard

shadow

Old wives tale,i remember as a kid 30+ years ago i used to hear the same thing,never once ever heard and good reasoning behind it.I call Bullshit on the "it's bad luck" tale.

Opunui

Shadow..I kinda have to agree with you bradda.growing up I never would of painted my bike green just becuz..now 40+ years later who cares.

Be interesting to find out how this wife's tale started.

shadow

Someone probablly got beat up by a Vago 30 years ago and didn't want to have anything to do with green after that.lol

RainmanCS

I was told never paint a bike green because it will blend in with scenery and the people in the cages
won't be able to see you. But unless you only ride in Ireland, I don't think that logic makes any sense.

Gary H.

One of THE 150!
After putting some miles on my green machine, the only explanation I heard was concerning the guys from World War 1.

Apparently, the life expectancy for the guys that rode the early bikes was not very long. The Germans put quite a hurt on them. I had heard more stories about the guys that drove green bikes would have less people mess with them??

Last edited:

slothy

Balls
my old green bike meet its fate with a moose 2 years ago...

099.jpg100.jpg101.jpg

and the bitch that killed it..

61568_426851783774_1543199_n.jpg

3 hours before....last picture of it before it totaled out

081.jpg

Last edited:

BIG TIME BAGGER

I was told not to paint my bike green because statistics showed emerald green to be involved in more accidents that any other colored harley, just the story i was told. I wrecked the bitch when it was black so why not paint it green!

Bagged64

Same thing goes for custom cars too. When I painted my '64 Cadillac green everyone told me it was bad luck. I think I just have bad luck and it has nothing to do with the color going onto the car or bike.

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
I feel like I have super bad luck then because the day that this got posted was the same day that I just got done spraying my bike green. I feel like this is a bad sign..

I am starting to believe it... 2 months ago, bike fell off the lift...

fell over by lickmstickmman, on Flickr

and then on the way back from MB Bike Week, a buddies bike fell against mine in the trailer... Either there is something to the "dont go green" thing or someone above is telling me to not ride my bike... or I will just keep covering up the scratches/scars with bandaids!

Print by lickmstickmman, on Flickr
so i been on here for sometime now and seen a lot of green bikes now someone once told me never paint your bike green its bad luck has anyone heard that i love the greens in bike its shape and stands out i am just wondering what you have heard

Latest posts