Great ride then the unthinkable

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

gwphelpss10

We had a great ride this weekend. Went to North Carolina and the Dragon. Weather was awesome!! Got back to the motel around 11:00 pm and hung out for a couple of hours. The wife and went to our room. Got a phone call this morning and said I needed to come outside. I knew immediately this couldn't be good. Went outside and a Honda Accord backed out of a parking place hit my bike and knocked it over. Got the fairing, brake pedal, saddle bag. Looks like maybe the fairing bracket may be a little bent. It's about 1/4 off center. Nope I didn't have a crash bar. Anyway I guess it could have been worse. Non the less still a good weekend.

gwphelpss10

No he stuck around. Got all the info. I want to go ahead and fix it, but I know I need to wait. Just really sucks!!! Gonna take it to H-D tomorrow and hope I get a good estimate

gwphelpss10

I just wonder how all this out of state insurance is going to work out? You can't even get them to fax the accident report. You have to send a payment along with a self addressed stamped envelope to them and then they will mail the report to you!!!!!! WTF

gwphelpss10

Well I took my bike to the dealer for a estimate on Tuesday. I called them today and they told me to give them until noon tomorrow and they will have the estmate ready. There's no way I want these guy's doing the work on my bike. I just want it back and get the thing fixed!!!!!

gwphelpss10

Just got the estimate back from the dealer today $3650.00!!!!!! The dealer asked if I wanted them to fix the bike and of course I told them NO!!!!! May order a few parts from them, but that will be about it.

gwphelpss10

IMG_0303[2].jpgIMG_0304[1].jpgIMG_0300[1].jpgWell I'vebeen working on getting the bike back together.Thanks to Paul at Native Customs He got my bags and other parts to me quick. I painted everything last week and got it back together Sunday at @1:30am so we could go on a ride. Got to tear it back down this week to install my chrome lowers. Just wanted to give an update and post a few photos.IMG_0301[1].jpg
Sorry about the photos. Just learning how to upload!!!!