Got a Delima. Need Help AGAIN!!!!!!!!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
As some know, I was well on my way to the big bad 21/18 club. Then ya'll screwed/rescued me and I have a bike with the frame in two pieces (see avatar). Well during that journey to the 21/18 club, I had my lower legs chromed(what your suppose to do right?) I originally told wheel MFG I was going single but that meant I had to have one of my legs machined and rechromed. The more I thought about it, I said "screw it" and run duel rotors and not have to redo fork leg(i know-not cool). I call wheel MFG and tell them I want to change my mind and go with duels(which means they get to sell me another rotor) Said wheel MFG sends me e-mail telling me that my wheel is ready but there is an additional 100.00 charge on top of cost of other rotor. Keep in mind, I decided to go duels to offset cost and aggrivation of redo of fork. I think this 100.oo is BS since the single is the way people are going and they could easily sell it to the next person that buys a wheel. With this being said, I think I am now going to stay single.

Short story long question is, is there a difference in the fatboy/heritage forks legs and the touring forks other than single rotor? The only other thing I can think is the fender mounts, If not I can buy just one of them and have the same place that plated my others plate this one. Or buy another unplated leg, have it machined then replated. What chall think?

Sorry to be so long winded but I told yall I was gunna have a million ???????'s

Thanks

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
the fender mounting positions are different and the length of the lower legs are different. The softail legs are longer, which will give your suspension travel clearance issues with the lower triple tree... It's best to just get a right FL leg and shave it off...

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
Did you get your leg machined or no. I have a set of used touring legs with both mounts on them if you need them

No, My current legs have both lugs/mounts. I now have to have the calliper lugs on one leg that has already been plated, machined off then replated. So the money I spent to have that leg plated to begin with is pissed away. This whole 26 conversion is becomin an expensive learning experience. Guess I'll do better if I do another.(did I just say that)

I only need one leg but PM me what you need to get for the set. Thanks

Appling Bagger

Site Supporter
All you guys are too generous. I'm located near August GA 30813. I would really like to pay you something. I'm sure there will be other items I will need and don't want to look like a free loading bum looking for freebies. Just like the stock left side saddlebag lid I need. Don't want anything for free but thanks and it means a lot that you guys are the type that frequent this board. Can't say that about a certain hi-po outboard boat forum I frequent.

Latest posts