Going from dual disk to single on lower legs

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Bing

Site Supporter
I am in the process of ordering everything to put a 26 on my 2010 SG. I guess by reading this forum that I can use my lower legs. I am going with a single disk. What do you do with the mounts for the caliper on the side that you take the caliper off from? Do you have someone machine it off, grind it off, or order stock length new lower legs. I'm sure you can just leave it, but I want it to be smooth.

Thanks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

slothy

Balls
If you want blk, there s a seller on bay for 180 bucks sells the legs/bells/clamp single side. Voodoo041672

Item number

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Last edited:

Bing

Site Supporter
Do most of you still agree to stay with stock length lower or do the +2 then lower 1? Just wanted to reconfirm before I order all this stuff. Thanks

SUAVE

Do most of you still agree to stay with stock length lower or do the +2 then lower 1? Just wanted to reconfirm before I order all this stuff. Thanks

You mean +2 fork tubes? I dont think the lowers come in different lengths.

Bill

I used to own some shit!

All the lowers should be the same length. Fork tube length depends on your tree/neck setup and desired ride height.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Bing

Site Supporter
Well ill take the dumb ass award. I didn't realize that ride height was changed through the tubes and not the lowers. First time for me messing with forks. Thanks for the help

Bing

Site Supporter
Slothy is like a fountain of harley information. You learn this by lots of hands on I would imagine. Hopefully once I take this thing apart ill understand this stuff a little better

Wanna Ride

When I got my chromed lowers, I ordered them with the rightside brake mount deleted. Go on e-bay and look for user id, impress-chrome. I bought all my stuff from him and after the core charge refund and shipping, I had about $300 total in my frontend, including the cowbells.

If I was going to do it again, I think I'd buy the kit from WanaRyd. David cuts some pretty good deals, I think (but I'm not 100% sure), that the whole frontend (right side delete) is around $400, and that's with the hidden axle style lowers.

Latest posts