Front Homemade Air Ride

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

toosons

I'm on a roll and why the hell not, someone please post the info on how to, where to buy, model numbers, etc. for the guys that has done this already please post some pics and chime in. Thanks

Bill

I used to own some shit!
You'll need basically the same compressor, solenoid, relay, and swith you used on the rear. Then some air cylinders which someone posted the model of a while ago. "Hopefully they will re-post."

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
We use the Bimba 124. 1 1/4 x 4" the cylinder is .030 to big. that is why it has to be turned. We have used smaller Cylinders be we notice that the bikes jerk as they go up. Its do to pressure. The 1 1/4" rams lift the bike up easy. The key is making the cylinders fit snug. Machining them down takes off wall thickness. The fork tube becomes the cylinders support.

Then you will need to machine some sort of cup for the spring. The only other thing is the top fork cap. Some bikes have relieved top caps and some don't. If yours don't then that will have to be relieved for the air fitting.

I think slothy summed up the basic kit needs

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
We use the Bimba 124. 1 1/4 x 4" the cylinder is .030 to big. that is why it has to be turned. We have used smaller Cylinders be we notice that the bikes jerk as they go up. Its do to pressure. The 1 1/4" rams lift the bike up easy. The key is making the cylinders fit snug. Machining them down takes off wall thickness. The fork tube becomes the cylinders support.

Then you will need to machine some sort of cup for the spring. The only other thing is the top fork cap. Some bikes have relieved top caps and some don't. If yours don't then that will have to be relieved for the air fitting.
i just reposted it from another thread. so here yo go

I think slothy summed up the basic kit needs

toosons

Hey guys sorry about the new thread, now that I'm home I see that this has been asked on several threads....My bad! :52::52::52: This is Choppedbaggers.com and I'm member 344 so I should have known better...lol

QuikHD

One of THE 150!
We use the Bimba 124. 1 1/4 x 4" the cylinder is .030 to big. that is why it has to be turned. We have used smaller Cylinders be we notice that the bikes jerk as they go up. Its do to pressure. The 1 1/4" rams lift the bike up easy. The key is making the cylinders fit snug.

I found it to be slightly less. What spring length are you running in a stock tube?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: