Front fork lowering kit help

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

DonJulio

I'm using a 1" lowering kit with my trees for my 23 install. I got a burly spring kit with long and short spring they call the short spring a helper spring. I also have fork tube adapters MB-1046's which I believe extend the forks 1" they replace the oem lower fork stops. With the trees I recieved what they call a top out spacer which consists of a 1" piece of PVC and 2 washers that get installed on top of the springs.

I'm trying to determine if I use the both springs and the PVC pipe and washers. It doesn't seem possible to install the cap with all that stuff.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333241146.226165.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1333241146.226165.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

DonJulio

There's no directions with the spring kit and the instructions I do have are vague at best. Any help is appreciated.

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
I have never seen this kit, but im assuming you are talking about 2 springs that are about an inch long? if thats the case, on most kits, you put those 2 little springs on the dampener rod (one on each dampener rod-so there actually will be two springs on each dampener rod= the stock spring plus the new spring)then reinstall the dempener rod and tube into the lower, then fill with oil, then put your big spring in, then a washer, then your PVC top out, then another washer. make sure you cut down your PVC piece if they tell you too, otherwise just put the bottom of the fork between your feet and grab the tube with one hand and the cap with your other hand and push down really hard on the cap and use your other hand to thread the tube onto the cap.

hope this helps.

DonJulio

I have never seen this kit, but im assuming you are talking about 2 springs that are about an inch long? if thats the case, on most kits, you put those 2 little springs on the dampener rod (one on each dampener rod-so there actually will be two springs on each dampener rod= the stock spring plus the new spring)then reinstall the dempener rod and tube into the lower, then fill with oil, then put your big spring in, then a washer, then your PVC top out, then another washer. make sure you cut down your PVC piece if they tell you too, otherwise just put the bottom of the fork between your feet and grab the tube with one hand and the cap with your other hand and push down really hard on the cap and use your other hand to thread the tube onto the cap.

hope this helps.

yes thanks, i got it figured out, i had to replace the bottom spring on the damper rod, they told me not to use both. It looks to me that im actually extending the fork an inch and lowering it an inch to maintain stock ride height with the 23" wheel if that makes any sense. I appreciate your help!

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

Gdub

One of THE 150!
For the progressive kit, you use one spring per inch of lowering. I just put it in my bike. I hope that helps.

Latest posts