Front brake rotors

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

FSTBGR

Love my rims but southern motorcycle works hasnt figured out how to make good rotors....they suck, second warped pair...anyone know where I can get a black center set that somewhat go with my wheels?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Zach

Site Supporter
Greg at Thomason can probably hook you up too. He was just showing some 2 piece rotors on his FB.

Zach

DCHBGR

Site Supporter
I can testify for Greg at Thomason Performance your honor....lol. He made me one for my shit and it's perfect!!!!! Trace does great work as well!!

TraceCave Customs

Thomason would be a great choice. I am extremely covered up right now. Really not taking on much work until I get caught up. I do appreciate the referrals. Later this winter when things slow down may be a different story.

T

Thomason Performance

Thanks guys for the props, I appreciate it.

Most likely your rotors are warped when you get them because of the way they are holding the rotors when they are cut. I went through a lot of headaches, and patient customers, before I figured out the problem. I spent a lot of money and time making a new fixture so that problem goes away. Another problem is sometime the center hole of the rotor is not chamfered/beveled on the back side, and is therefore digging into the curve that is created between the flat part of the hub and the small lip the rotor fits over. Remove the rotor and get a small die grinder and chamfer the back side of the rotor and see if that helps. Not something you should have to do on your own, but sometimes it's easier to do things yourself.

That being said, I can cut you a set to match your wheel if need be. Let me know and I'll be happy to help you out.

Thanks,
Greg

FSTBGR

Yes I would like a set....i saw a set but they look a tad bit off from what I need, mine have every other spoke in line.with the bolt holes.......what are we lookin at for time and price? Need them black in the middle like that set you already have....thanks....AJ

T

Thomason Performance

Hi AJ,

Not a problem. They would be $175.00 each delivered to your door, and that includes the forum discount. If you post up, or can direct me to, pics of your wheel I can match it pretty close. I don't have any rotor blanks in stock so I'd have to order them on Monday when I get back to the shop. Takes me a week to get the blanks and then it would be another 2-5 days for me to get them cut and powdered and out the door to you.

Let me know - looking forward to it!

Thanks again,
Greg

FSTBGR

Yeah sounds good, actually those ones on facebook I commented on are perfect but my rotors have every other spoke exactly spaced out where the bolt holes are. You got an email I can send you a pic.from the website. Or if u want there the southern motorcycle works contrast cut poker wheels. Thanks bro.....order em up

T

Thomason Performance

Excellent. Thank you for the order. My email is [email protected]. I'll go on their site and check out the wheel and match it for you also. Shoot me an email with your shipping and billing address and then I'll contact you on Monday so we can move forward.

Thanks again,
Greg

Latest posts