Front brake questions

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Trevor

Site Supporter
Seems like not very many talk about their brakes, looking to do a 26" this winter and plan on doing a 13" rotor. All the left side rotor kits are legs and everything but I'm using my stock legs and just shaving down the right side. To do a 26" do I have to change my braking setup?? Whats a good brand? Is a 13" rotor really worth another $600 to $1000 dollars?

I'm clueless in this department

Thanks

Last edited:

customglide

You can order a26" wheel with either a single brake or a dual brake setup. Rather than just eliminate one of your stock calipers (4 piston) and using the other stock caliper as a single brake setup, going to a 6 piston caliper would be much more efficient for braking. going to a13" floating rotor (rather than the stock 11.8?) is better for heat dissipation and will reduce fading. I recommend a performance machine caliper. Been running thus setup for approx 8k with no issues at all.

pickardbaggerparts

Extreme Vendor
go with a 13" rotor and a 6p caliper... much better brake performance than your stocker, especially with that bigger wheel. We use HHI calipers because they are clean and logo free. PM's are good too if you don't mind their logo on them

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I have stock calipers with dual 11.8",rotors. I like my dual disks, especially on the 26.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Trevor

Site Supporter
I kept the stock setup on my 21" and I kinda regreted it the whole time. If I'm paying $2000 for a wheel people are gonna see it.

Latest posts