Front air suspension

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

SASQUATCH

Banned
Will somebody be so kind to post step by step of the install to front end air suspension ? Parts needed, etc ? Thank you

H

hickman customs

i'm looking for the same thing. There are post about it, but know parts list

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
Will somebody be so kind to post step by step of the install to front end air suspension ? Parts needed, etc ? Thank you

the problem is . some of the venders on here sell them and they would rather sell you the product. but if you read the post about it . one of them pretty much spilled the beens on what is needed and how to do the install.

Opunui

Bimba 124 cylinders, you got to machine the cylinders to fit in your tubes, machine a relief in your fork cap, and drill hole for your air line in the cap.experiment with spring height by cutting a little at a time. Not hard at all

crutter

Site Supporter
He doesnt list his front air ride. I think that he is a little busy with builds to update the website. If you call it he will hook you up. If he doesnt answer leave a voice mail. Paul is one of the guys in the industry that will return every voice mail as soon as possible.

smokenjoep01

Bimba 124 cylinders, you got to machine the cylinders to fit in your tubes, machine a relief in your fork cap, and drill hole for your air line in the cap.experiment with spring height by cutting a little at a time. Not hard at all

You can also use the stock fork tube caps that came stock on a 1999 FLHT. There already threaded!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
The 22nd? I will be at The Horse Backstreet Choppers, Smokeout Rally in Rockingham, NC from Thursday the 21-24th Sunday. I should be around the weekend od the 29th.

I am thinking about going to, but not until after work Friday.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

bagger specialties

One of THE 150!
Where can i find what you are talking about

We use the Bimba 124. 1 1/4 x 4" the cylinder is .030 to big. that is why it has to be turned. We have used smaller Cylinders be we notice that the bikes jerk as they go up. Its do to pressure. The 1 1/4" rams lift the bike up easy. The key is making the cylinders fit snug. Machining them down takes off wall thickness. The fork tube becomes the cylinders support.

Then you will need to machine some sort of cup for the spring. The only other thing is the top fork cap. Some bikes have relieved top caps and some don't. If yours don't then that will have to be relieved for the air fitting.

I think slothy summed up the basic kit needs

Latest posts