Front air ride 101

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

weedaoe

guess i will just.......figure it out

would be cool to get some detailed help from those who have done this or have a better idea on it than i do.

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
Hey guys I'm very sorry but I haven't been on this forum in a long time. I don't get the emails they going to spam folder you guys will have to look elsewhere for information on the front air ride or ask Mark hes the main man on this forum he also makes parts. you guys for the M109 never done one never have and never will so I apologize you guys gonna have to figure that out!! I keep my login just in case I do have time.. I apologize..
for Harley guys the kits are cheap enough now to buy a kit from a place that makes the kit.. this was when there was nothing avalaible !
Thanks and again sorry !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

weedaoe

Hey Mike, we spoke on the phone and i appreciate your help.

Marc said i knew nothing about my forks so i thought that meant he knew something i didnt?

Wish mine were as simple as others :(

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
Hey Mike, we spoke on the phone and i appreciate your help.

Marc said i knew nothing about my forks so i thought that meant he knew something i didnt?

Wish mine were as simple as others :(

Cool. I just don't want anyone getting upset at me.. just don't have physical time.. lol..
there's got to be a local shop u can bring ur bike to and can figure it out somehow... but I hope u find what u need brother..

IndyGlide

Site Supporter
Do anybody here still do the front with air over oil? How does it ride ?

Check with puzzled, jr1000yarder, or reficul. I believe they are they few still running it. They don't post much anymore but hopefully they lurk from time to time and see this post.

Ferro

Site Supporter
A lot of people like the ride. The only downside people have blown fork seals.

Last edited:

twistedglide

So once i get Marc's pistons installed inside the tubes. How much compression should i be applying while turning the bleeder screw? also do i just use the allen head sock wrench to compress with while turning the screw? Thanks

kane

Not completely happy with my bimbas, they don't lift unless I pull the bars when stand still or crank the trottle on the road. I have a 95C with two 24Oz tanks running a 120/150psi pr. I also think the front end feels a little hard in bumbs.

So what is the best diy front air ride solution for 2017?

D Mo

I'm still an air over oil guy with Mark's pistons, but.... My bike has been down for almost a year. I blew my 120R last August (2016). Something stupid. Sent it to Franks at Dragos. He went through it, sent some better parts and gave me a lot of advice on which direction to go. I got it back July 2nd (2017, this wasn't Frank, it was a funding issue on my part) with the freshened up motor, and now I went through and rebuilt the front end. I just went on a test ride and I'm getting fork oil on the bike. Could be residual oil, or fresh oil, not sure yet. I'm going to give it another ride or two and make my determination. But, after reading page 99, I'm guessing that there are better options out there. I think part of it is the 21" wheel I have with stock rake. The impact on the shocks will blow the fork seals if you hit a bad pothole or have any catastrophic impact on the front end (I've rebuilt mine 3 times not), so I'm leaning towards a 23" wheel and a rake kit (HHI?). I'll try and update this thread with my results, but it looks like after reading page 99, that most have abandoned the air over oil trend and gone with a kit. Looks like there are plenty out there. At the time it was good, cheap and ahead of the curve, but thank God times have changed, because I'm tired of rebuilding shit.

FRANKTHETANK315

10oz on bottom and 1oz on top. Springs should be 10" with the loose side up. That must be a misprint on Misfit's part. Go to the General Bagger section, and first sticky is front air pistons with pic. Good write up with pictures.

add 1 oz oil after Marc pistons are installed for what reason? lube?