Front air ride 101

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
First off I have to say this air ride is not the same air ride that Camtech uses..You guys see i work for Camtech i started this air ride way b4 i work for them. so if you have any question on this air ride post or pm me and ill do what i can for you guys. plz do not call Camtech and ask questions about this air ride... Thank You!!!

Ok guys Long time waited here it goes the list of all the parts for front air ride and where to get them at the best prices and best service!!!!!
First i will give the list of parts and places then I will show what the Cylinder will look like connected to the fork extentions!
This will be done over the course of the week only because of the time I don't have.
I will be help Joe ( smokenjoep01 ) with his sense he help me with mine. we will take pics of the steps sense his is alittle more of a project then mine.
I couldn't wait I want to ride :0
also the links I don't think I can post but i tell you exactly how.....

Parts List

2- Bimba124 Single stroke air cylinders 1-1/14 Bore X 4 Stroke PN bimba124 $36.81 each
Scott Equipment they are located in Huntersville NC
1- Harley CVO Switch PN 71764-07 this switch will air up and release any Harley Dealer $27.00
1- Arnott V95C Viair PN V95C get this at Arnott they have great service if anything goes wrong with your compressor $59.00
1- Valve Solenoid PN P251SS-012-D-G or Grainger Part Number 6JJ52 $34.30
4- Aluminum Brake banjo washers motorcycle shop
1-bosh relay with harness any auto parts store or Radio Shack
Next set of parts you can get at FrightProps cool place
10 feet of 1/4 Polyurethane air line its .49 cents a foot this is the best line it doesn't Kink have extra you never know!! PN 0746-0307-4
either set of straight or 90 degree quick connect air fittings. I used the 90 degree but tight space need more patience for 90 degree
2- male swivel 90 degree elbow 1/4 tubing quick connect PN 0742-0348-42 $1.61 each
0r
2- male Straight 1/4 tubing quick connect PN 0742-0349-42 $1.11 each
2- threaded nipple to go from cylinders to what fork caps your using

2 -1/4 plug PN 0737-0069-40 $ .55 each
1- Triple Branch Union 1/4 PN 0742-0503-40 $4.16
1-Speed Control Muffler 1/8 PN 0740-0426-2 $3.99
1- Pipe Sealant tape PN 0724 $2.45

around $226 B4 shipping...

then your labor

Tomorrow I will continue with instructions to do these Babies together and get your ScOOt pimping!

Bill if you want to make this a Sticky Would be Cool>>>>
:29 (2):

Last edited:

Bill

I used to own some shit!
Thread is stuck!!!!!!!!

Good for you for getting this all together for the do-it-yourselfer!

I certainly would have gone this route had I known about it. Between my front and rear air I spent about $1000 that I didn't need to!

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1344336103.870714.jpg
Air cylinder attached to HHi fork extensions
You will have to have a machine shop turn these down. On average they .030 thousands to big.
But u really should bring your fork tubes with you.. They should fit snug... To give the support to them from fork walls.
The reason I say this.. I bought 2+ tubes
And they where diff size inside then stock tubes...
Should expect to pay $50- $80 to turn 2 of these down.

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
Then you also will need 6 oz or alittle more of SE fork oil it's thinker then
Regular fork oil.
You will cut your stock springs also.
The best I found to do this
Well you know that you atleast have to cut out the amount of the cylinder!!!
Should have 1 or preload.. Keep in min there will be no pressure when putting these together as the air cylinders are not compressing the spring at this point...
Now when removing your stock forks follow your Harley manual to remove and install after the cylinders get installed into forks.

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
The top of air cylinder threads are not pipe threads so you will need to retreads these with the 1/8 pipe tap....
While your re taping the top of these air cylinders do them up side down the and aluminum pieces fall out not in.
You will use the 1/8 threaded nipples with most likely 2 alum banjo washers and pipe sealant to mount the cylinders to the HHI fork adapters.
Then put your air fitting on the top of the HHI fork extensions. Connect to compressor and see if any air leaks...
Let sit for while if you loose any air.
Tighten up more. If your wonder what the washers are for, they are to give the 2 piece more of sturdiness as one piece from air cylinders to HHI fork extensions
These are brass fittings so they can be soft. Just added safety for me anyways.
I do advise to order from native baggers rubber stops or have a machine shop make some so you never have to worry about hitting your fender or fairing.

Last edited:

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
Again guys while doing Joe's front end I will get alot more pics. Step by step
Just was inpatient with my build..

Last edited:

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
How does the ram attach to the fork tube extension?

The top of air cylinder threads are not pipe threads so you will need to retreads these with the 1/8 pipe tap....
While your re taping the top of these air cylinders do them up side down the and aluminum pieces fall out not in.
You will use the 1/8 threaded nipples with most likely 2 alum banjo washers and pipe sealant to mount the cylinders to the HHI fork adapters.
Then put your air fitting on the top of the HHI fork extensions. Connect to compressor and see if any air leaks...
Let sit for while if you loose any air.
Tighten up more. If your wonder what the washers are for, they are to give the 2 piece more of sturdiness as one piece from air cylinders to HHI fork extensions
These are brass fittings so they can be soft. Just added safety for me anyways.
I do advise to order from native baggers rubber stops or have a machine shop make some so you never have to worry about hitting your fender or fairing.

smokenjoep01

Your using 1/4" tubing through out your entire front system? Whats the air pressure needed to get the front to proper riding height?

Last edited:

Jokercraze

" JOKERS WILD "
Your using 1/4" tubing through out your entire front system? Whats the air pressure needed to get the front to proper riding height?

Yes sir 1/4 tubing.....
I don't know the exact pressure ....
Haven't even road yet....
I what I take from everyone that has it not to much adjustability with the front air ride.. Very little..
Anyone that has this system can pipe in.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
There is no adjustment in the front, you run a high pressure to keep the ride height up.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts