I used to own some shit!
Skip the 23", go straight to a 26"....

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1342049404867.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1342049404867.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 246

tboner

thats were alot of us are at. Have 21" was gonna do the 23" but now waiting on winter to cut, chop and spend......on a 26".

WanaRyd Wheels

Extreme Vendor
Welcome to the forum bud, As most members would comment - Go Big or Go Home!

To each his own, but if you're going to mess with the mods to put up a bigger wheel def go with the 26", you won't regret it.

Let me know when you're looking around for wheels, I'm more than happy to get you a great deal. Send me a PM with the specs if interested.

Ryd Safe!

TNTCC

Site Supporter
Got to agree..if you don't you will have wished you did.

Read that all the time and have yet to regret a 23". How bout a 40" ? Bigger ain't always better, it depends on what YOU want. I'd much rather see a bike with a 23" actually being riddin than a trailered 26". Oh, I know everyone on here rides all over the country with a 26" wheel yet I never see them on the road. Hell they cant even make a tire that will hold air. Build what you want and you'll never be dissapointed. Just my thoughts but I don't believe a 26" or 30" would live riding like we do with the roads we have.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
My bike has been on the road less than a month...

Over 2100 miles on my 26" so far..........

TNTCC

Site Supporter
Not looking to piss in anyones punch bowl. Just mean to say build what You want and not what others think you should build. I personally like the looks of some bikes with a 26" but feel a 23" has a better flow as well as function. A 26" definatly draws a crowd at a fuel stop but when I look at the price of wheels and expecially tires let alone the issues with air loss, its not for me. I go thru at least 3 rears and 2 fr. tires a year. Not saying I won't build one with a 26" for show but for the riding I do the 23" is max. Hell the next one I'm doing is getting 17" ft. and rr. Hope I don't get booted from the site...LOL

Bill

I used to own some shit!
It's all good bro, it would be boring if we all rode the same bike...

thecort

No doubt a 23" or 26" can handle a pothole. My question would be how many & for how long? The NYC area is littered with potholes...they're everywhere!

I have a 23" myself & so far so great! But for how long? Only time will tell.

I hit a hard one the other day. So hard that I thought I bent my rear rim. No problems thank God. I've cracked wheels on these roads before...sportbikes, which are half the weight.

It's kinda like a fight, it's not always the knockout punch that knocks you out, a lot of the times it's the repeated jabs & combos that does the most damage. Eventually that adds up to a knockout!

Tap it!

Last edited:

BLACKIZZLE

Site Supporter
i love how everyone on this site says that they have potholes in their state. i live in IOWA. and i ride a 26 dailyyyyy. we have potholes in this state that cars could fit into. trust me, i dont care what you have, its gonna get beatup. no matter if you have a stock 18, or a 30, you are all gonna hit the same holes and you are all gonna cringe and pinch your cheeks together when you hit it, but when you come out of it and you still dont have a shake in your bars, your still gonna smile and keep rollin down the road. it happens to me everyday. its no big deal. they are meant to take the bumps so ride the hell out of them and go big while you can. nobody got anywhere in life by being a sally.

T

Thomason Performance

i love how everyone on this site says that they have potholes in their state. i live in IOWA. and i ride a 26 dailyyyyy. we have potholes in this state that cars could fit into. trust me, i dont care what you have, its gonna get beatup. no matter if you have a stock 18, or a 30, you are all gonna hit the same holes and you are all gonna cringe and pinch your cheeks together when you hit it, but when you come out of it and you still dont have a shake in your bars, your still gonna smile and keep rollin down the road. it happens to me everyday. its no big deal. they are meant to take the bumps so ride the hell out of them and go big while you can. nobody got anywhere in life by being a sally.

Lol. I've been thinking the same thing reading this. Granted, I know the damage a NYC pothole can do - been ripped of the bike because of one. But potholes are everywhere - every state slacks on fixing roads! You think they give a shit that your car or bike rim got bent. The only time potholes get fixed is when they cause a problem for emergency services, or some city hall f*ck bends a rim on his fancy SUV and bitches about it. Or a squad car gets swallowed up by one - seen that too - laughed my ass off. Nothing you can do about it. The tires are supposed to be designed to handle it. We all know they aren't. Thanks DOT! Just ride it - if it bends - deal with it. In the end get what you want. I think they both look great, when done correctly.

If you need a hand with your wheel choice be sure and check out the shop's products, and if you ever have any questions don't hesitate to pick up the phone and give me a jingle. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.

notrailers

I really like the look of the 26" but I just don't know. What is the proper way to set up an 09 for a 23"? I don't mind cutting the frame. I just want the best handling with no problems down the road.
I'm not trying to re-open a can of worms. I am seeking real information/knowledge from the folks that have been there.

Thanks

notrailers

Will a frame rake/triple trees effect the angle of the handlebars in relationship to the fairing? I've got an unusual handlebar set up and the handlebar angle is fixed to the triple tree.

Bill

I used to own some shit!

Will a frame rake/triple trees effect the angle of the handlebars in relationship to the fairing? I've got an unusual handlebar set up and the handlebar angle is fixed to the triple tree.

Yes, you would have to put a bend in those bars to keep them in the same place.

Bill

I used to own some shit!
I really like the look of the 26" but I just don't know. What is the proper way to set up an 09 for a 23"? I don't mind cutting the frame. I just want the best handling with no problems down the road.
I'm not trying to re-open a can of worms. I am seeking real information/knowledge from the folks that have been there.

Thanks

Trees only or a 7/7 combo seem to work.

thecort

Well, the inner fairing attaches to the trees so that will move with the rake kit, so the bars will have to be brought back so they don't hit the inner. The ignition housing may also hit your fuel tank dash as well.

Tap it!

Latest posts