Forum Activity

Baggerbill

Site Supporter
I know I am new here, so take my advice as that.
I do not understand why shops are not allowed to use their shop names without being venders.
If you think about it most of their customers will come from a fifty mile range, advertising on a national basis does not make since.
These are the guys who are doing 90 % of the builds, if you encourage them to post build threads of what they are doing, then they will have a reason to come in here and post.
That way everyone benefits, he can stimulate business when visitor see his post, and the forum benefits by increasing post count and web traffic.
Increased web traffic relates to more venders who are selling product on a national basis, and not services.
I have seen too many forums die because from lack of post, I like this place and would hate to see it go away.
Just my 2 cents
The problem is the forum takes money to run, and why all forums have some sort of fees. $10 membership fees aren't going to cover it. People never really left because of forum fees or vendor fees. They left because they either moved on to different interests, or the other two reasons already mentioned. Opinionated members (my opinion is the only one) and the classified movement to panjo. The classified section brought many people to the site. Once the classified browsing was over, they stayed on to read and post. I don't know if the site will close or not, but if you see many sections latest post are 2017, 2016 and 2015 there is a problem. Take panjo off and take the classifieds back to its earlier version, and I bet the traffic increases!

Bing

Site Supporter
I guess Our site has finally died. It was good while it lasted..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Bing

Site Supporter
Yea it looks that way.... glad I was here when it started met some good peeps

I agree.. it was great and still use it often for reference. Hopefully it won’t shut down completely..

XXHDXX

X rated Harley Davidson
I agree.. it was great and still use it often for reference. Hopefully it won’t shut down completely..

Me too. I paid another year subscription just to have access to the old posts for reference.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
We are still here, I've disabled Panjo completely. Willing to work on the classifieds more - and willing to spend more money to get the site back up!

Who else is with me?

dicktracy13

We are still here, I've disabled Panjo completely. Willing to work on the classifieds more - and willing to spend more money to get the site back up!

Who else is with me?
To be honest I really don't think spending any more money on the site is going to help it at this point. I think the damage was already done before you took over and unfortunately I doubt it is reversible at this point as well. A lot of people were driven off or moved on to other things in their lives maybe even other places to post. I don't do Facebook, but I spend time on Instagram which there is a lot of activity on there not quite the source of information like the forum but definitely a lot more activity. I know nothing about how things are on Facebook and really don't care too either. I know I would love to be throwing up a build series on the forum but not in the cards right now I am still planning to get a new Roadie early next year but not going to have the funds to do much to it for a while due to other things going on soaking up the funds that were for the build that's life and how it goes some times. As I have said before I really don't know what it would take to get this place back up and hopping, but I sure would love to see it like it use to be back when I got signed up. Sorry to sound so negative that is not what you need right now but unfortunately it's all I got.

I was still stopping in every day just to see if maybe people were slowly going to start coming back in but nothing and I have slowed to stopping in once every few days or once a week at times now.

Blackbeard

Administrator
Staff member
To be honest I really don't think spending any more money on the site is going to help it at this point. I think the damage was already done before you took over and unfortunately I doubt it is reversible at this point as well. A lot of people were driven off or moved on to other things in their lives maybe even other places to post. I don't do Facebook, but I spend time on Instagram which there is a lot of activity on there not quite the source of information like the forum but definitely a lot more activity. I know nothing about how things are on Facebook and really don't care too either. I know I would love to be throwing up a build series on the forum but not in the cards right now I am still planning to get a new Roadie early next year but not going to have the funds to do much to it for a while due to other things going on soaking up the funds that were for the build that's life and how it goes some times. As I have said before I really don't know what it would take to get this place back up and hopping, but I sure would love to see it like it use to be back when I got signed up. Sorry to sound so negative that is not what you need right now but unfortunately it's all I got.

I was still stopping in every day just to see if maybe people were slowly going to start coming back in but nothing and I have slowed to stopping in once every few days or once a week at times now.
I’m not going to give up. I think there is potential on one or two people posting.