Fork tubes questions

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

BigChief

Ok, when you do the 26'' cut and rake, do you buy new forks? It would appear the rake would limited the original lenght of travel, so how do you make this up. Also I notive there are all sorts of cow bells, black forks and chrome forks. Are these just covering for the stock forks? IF not who sells the aftermarket forks and the different cow bells and what's the real purpose of the cowbells, some look really sweet.
Thanks in advance

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
No need to purchase forks unless you want them? Or want 1 disc instead of 2, or a cut version?

If you use a hhi tree n rake kit it'll have the extensions needed.

Lots of manufactures of these custom parts. I used ness cow bells, and some fork covers. Stock fork.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1349195664.234007.jpg

BigChief

No need to purchase forks unless you want them? Or want 1 disc instead of 2, or a cut version?

If you use a hhi tree n rake kit it'll have the extensions needed.

Lots of manufactures of these custom parts. I used ness cow bells, and some fork covers. Stock fork.View attachment 10752

Ok, that's good informaiton, one less thing to buy..
Thanks for the info

lumper

I read on HHi site that they also have the +2 if you go 26" I thought it said you will need them.
I was wondering the same thing.

I had also heard you dont need to go longer but if you do you can retain the stock amount of travel and clearance?
not quite sure but I was wondering the same thing.
If you keep them stock do you need to worry about hitting the fender or bottoming out the shock more easily?

Lump

Marc

""The Chopped Baggers Guy""
I read on HHi site that they also have the +2 if you go 26" I thought it said you will need them.
I was wondering the same thing.

I had also heard you dont need to go longer but if you do you can retain the stock amount of travel and clearance?
not quite sure but I was wondering the same thing.
If you keep them stock do you need to worry about hitting the fender or bottoming out the shock more easily?

Lump

When you buy your trees you'll get extensions. If you say 26 you get 2", if you say 23 they're 1.5" I think.