Fork Oil question

• Help support Chopped Baggers :

fame2

One of THE 150!
I'm movin up to a 23" wheel with Pickards triple trees. Probably going to lower the front end 1". When I had my 21" wheel and lowered 1" I still bottomed out a few times hitting the front fender against the trees (rodes in Jersey suck). At the time I used the screaming eagle heavy duty fork oil. The local dealership doesn't have it in stock. What do you guys recommend using and what weight? Bel Ray 30wt? I definitely don't wanna bottom out and want the bike to handle good...lemme know your thoughts..thanks

Bill

I used to own some shit!
X2 on the limiters...

Just mock it all up loosely with no springs in the forks, then cut your limiters down until your fender is .25"-.5" away from the tree sitting down all the way.

crutter

Site Supporter
I run the belray heavy in mine with progressive drop in springs. I used a 1 in spacer. I have had no issues with it so far. Even riding into and around manhattan.

fame2

One of THE 150!
thanks for the replies..i spoke to jevon and he said his kit comes with fork stops so i should be good to go...crutter, good to hear ur surviving the city streets bro..thats where i have most of the problems...brooklyn/manhattan...i'm gonna give the bel ray heavy a shot

Latest posts