For those of us trying to be cheap in some of our purchases!

• Help support Chopped Baggers :
I feel compelled to speak out about trying to save a buck! It has bit me in the ass twice in the last few months... Thought that the CONDOR wheel chock is way over priced, so I bought the $79 version from Ebay... and this happened:

fell over1 by lickmstickmman, on Flickr

Coming home from MB Bike Week a buddies bike fell over against mine and gouged the tank... cheap ratchet straps...

and seen another member here is having issues trying to run big wheels using tripletrees instead of neck/tree combo... and crashed...

Take it from me, dont skimp on parts cost (especially safety related)! This has been a message from the "chopped baggers learning channel"!

Bill

I used to own some shit!
"And this concludes our public service announcement."

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Zach

Site Supporter
I feel compelled to speak out about trying to save a buck! It has bit me in the ass twice in the last few months... Thought that the CONDOR wheel chock is way over priced, so I bought the $79 version from Ebay... and this happened:

fell over1 by lickmstickmman, on Flickr

Coming home from MB Bike Week a buddies bike fell over against mine and gouged the tank... cheap ratchet straps...

and seen another member here is having issues trying to run big wheels using tripletrees instead of neck/tree combo... and crashed...

Take it from me, dont skimp on parts cost (especially safety related)! This has been a message from the "chopped baggers learning channel"!

Or, ride your bike to MB instead of hauling it with one of your cheapskate friends? LOL just kidding. Sorry about the damage.

Zach

slothy

Balls

what happens when a craftsmen leaks down cause u forgot to raise it to lock position....only a bent brake pedal.. and made it easy to do a oil change

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Actually, the damage from this fall was all but fixed up by a good 1200 grit sand paper and buffing!

The bike on bike action did a little to much for the buffer to fix! So I devised this (see below) to put over the bad spot until I can get more of the OD Green and fix it. At least I will be able to ride this coming memorial weekend!

Print by lickmstickmman, on Flickr

TNTCC

Site Supporter
Actually, the damage from this fall was all but fixed up by a good 1200 grit sand paper and buffing!

The bike on bike action did a little to much for the buffer to fix! So I devised this (see below) to put over the bad spot until I can get more of the OD Green and fix it. At least I will be able to ride this coming memorial weekend!

Print by lickmstickmman, on Flickr

Now thats a good one. Saw your bike at Timonium and loved the theme. Hope it fixes up easy for ya.

DBH

One of THE 150!
My '03 sporty on my harbor frieght table. Had the wheel in the chock, not very tight. Had pull type straps on both sides pulled tight. Raised table to highest position and put safety bar in and lowered it against stop. All is good right??? Walked by left side of bike and shook strap to check tention was good and tight. Walked around to right side and did the same. As soon as i grabbed the strap the buckle slipped. The other side was tight and chock was not very tight. Bike started to go over to the left, I grabbed the handle bars thinking i could save the deal but it was to late. Bike, me and table all went over onto the floor with volley of extreme profanity as we went. Visions of smashed parts going through my head. Excaped with very little damage and I still don't know how, broken clutch lever, scratched windshield and broken quick release clamp, and broken pegs on that side. All pull type straps have found there way into the dump. Ratchet only, and they are very good ones.

thecort

I agree, ratchet is the only way to go. I only use the buckle type to strap deer to my ATV.

Tap it!

DonJulio

Get one of these. There rock solid. I use a Crapsman to get it up there then remove it. No straps

www.pepsx.com

Last edited:

TNTCC

Site Supporter
My '03 sporty on my harbor frieght table. Had the wheel in the chock, not very tight. Had pull type straps on both sides pulled tight. Raised table to highest position and put safety bar in and lowered it against stop. All is good right??? Walked by left side of bike and shook strap to check tention was good and tight. Walked around to right side and did the same. As soon as i grabbed the strap the buckle slipped. The other side was tight and chock was not very tight. Bike started to go over to the left, I grabbed the handle bars thinking i could save the deal but it was to late. Bike, me and table all went over onto the floor with volley of extreme profanity as we went. Visions of smashed parts going through my head. Excaped with very little damage and I still don't know how, broken clutch lever, scratched windshield and broken quick release clamp, and broken pegs on that side. All pull type straps have found there way into the dump. Ratchet only, and they are very good ones.

Were they Harbor Freight straps as well? Never ceases to amaze me that someone will tie up tens of thousands in there bike then put it up in the air on a piece of China crap. Not trying to rub salt, just saying. Two Handy's and a Titan secured with Ancra pull straps. Been doing it that way for close to twenty years without an issue. Ratchet straps??? they can release on there own also....been there.

thecort

Ratchet straps??? they can release on there own also....been there.
Really? Wow. I've never had any ratchet strap let go. I use them everyday. I do spend coin on them though so maybe that's why. I'll keep that in the back of my head for the future.

Tap it!